What's Their Best Song? #22: Kendrick Lamar

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by KENDRICK LAMAR

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Kendrick Lamar in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

14 Likes

Kendrick Lamar Reaction GIF by SZA

7 Likes

Hell yeah

3 Likes

Where are we standing on collab/posse tracks where Kendrick isn’t the main named star, please

‘feat. Kendrick Lamar’ is sufficient

7 Likes

Yessss

Not a clue don’t really listen to Lamar’s songs individually. It’s probably Money Trees just by dint that’s how he opened Primavera in 2014.

3 Likes

Highly likely DAMN will be overlooked so might be going tactical.

3 Likes

Me and some mates already kinda did this in the run up to his London shows last Autumn

Went album by album, each voted for a top 3 and totalled the points up to give us each album’s best song, then had a grand final to determine the overall winner. Had a spreadsheet for the results and everything because we’re cool, cool guys.

So, I already know the answer to this one, but will play along anyway to see how close you guys get

1 Like

I bought TPAB from music magpie but they sent me the CD of Adele 19 in the Kendrick case, so I’ve never really heard it properly

Damn is quite good.

Don’t really get on with the latest one, a bit much for me because I am precious.

Will send in some votes but it might be the first time I’ve king-makered.

It might also be Money Trees because it is the most perfect beat I have ever heard.

2 Likes

this but for Section.80

OH SHIT, I CAN CONTRIBUTE!

forgets to vote

7 Likes

Time for a K.dot sesh

2 Likes

Aw yeah fuck the judge

2 Likes

I recently read Sequoia Mayer’s 33⅓ book on To Pimp A Butterfly and loved it, and have been enjoying listening to the album for the first time in a while and picking up new stuff. Really is quite an amazing body of work

Not listened to anything from before good kid - will give it a go in light of this thread!

10 points for We Cry Together

8 Likes

Also worth saying, if you have the time and enjoy really in-depth analysis of albums, the Dissect podcast has covered both TPAB and DAMN and is really good IMO

1 Like

Banger

6 Likes