What's Their Best Song? #23: Low

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by LOW

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Low in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

7 Likes

OH MY GOD

3 Likes

Not sure this is possible but I am IN

6 Likes

Nope not doing it, I refuse.

This has kingmaker written all over it.

1 Like

I only have their last three albums and I don’t know the names of any of the songs. Someone tell me the names of the songs I like, cheers

1 Like

Your favourite song is called “In Metal”.

6 Likes

Brilliant, 10 points to In Metal it is.

6 Likes

If it wasn’t for Double Negative I would probably want to kingmake Just Like Christmas.

4 Likes

Have written down 14, can’t believe you’re going to make me cut 4 of them. What a monster.

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

They don’t even sing that one!

(thank you!)

1 Like

might actually vote in this one!

3 Likes

Sarah, Sarah, you’re laaaaazy

4 Likes

Not sure I’m qualified to vote in this, only know Things We Lost In The Fire and Trust. Oh and Over The Ocean.

Everyone is qualified to vote in all these threads.

5 Likes

Ohh its bloody hard.

Think of the last few as full albums rather than tracks so it’ll probably be something old and obvious. Two Step, Pissing, In Metal, Laser beam, Starfire, Point of Disgust…oh god i dunno

1 Like

Only really got on board the Low express with HEY WHAT so looking forward to the results of this as a way of finally jumping into the very imposing back catalogue.

1 Like

Yeah but somebody’s bound to say “I can’t believe Do You Know How To Waltz only got two points, what is wrong with you people?!?” and what is wrong with me is that I haven’t even heard Do You Know How To Waltz and then I’ll feel guilty

4 Likes

Who cares about those people, they’re worse than scum.

5 Likes

I am a latter-day fan. Appreciate their early work but got into them with Double Negative and HEY WHAT so likely to massively over-represent these.