What's Their Best Song? #24: Manic Street Preachers

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by MANIC STREET PREACHERS

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Manic Street Preachers in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

5 Likes

Manic Street Preachers Yes GIF by AbsoluteRadio

9 Likes
3 Likes

Grateful if Design For Life wankers could just take 5, maybe sit down with a cuppa and have a little think before doing anything. Cheers.

3 Likes

Had to just run at that before I started doubting my choices. For a band where I only like a few albums it turns out there are still an awful lot of songs I love but I think I chose correctly to try to tip the balance a bit.

If Motorcycle Emptiness is in the top 10 I will kick off.

3 Likes

Drug Drug Druggy - 10 points

6 Likes

Design For Life - 5
Motorcycle Emptiness - 5

Thanks for making my vote easy lads!

26 Likes

Two really good songs, nice voting!

4 Likes

Oooh, this is a good one to do.

Design for life - 10pts

4 Likes

Oh yeah imagine voting for their best song. Think this post has sealed my kingmaker

6 Likes

Imagine thinking I was remotely serious! DFL’s getting a big wad of points from me. Just…not…all of ‘em.

1 Like

Am I alone in being baffled that ‘If You Tolerate This…’ is their most played song on Spotify?

Might give The Love of Richard Nixon a 10 eh?

At least now I know I don’t have to put DFL in which frees up some puntos for my other faves!

Everything Must Go was one of the first albums I ever owned on CD. Songs from it will probably get the majority of my points too. Although will use this time to dig into the songs from their older stuff as criminally I have never listened to the early stuff.

Nice try!

1 Like

@Funkhouser please declassify my vote when this is all wrapped up

2 Likes

Anyone want to join me in kingmakering I Live To Fall Asleep

1 Like

INTRAVENOUS AGNOSTIC X 10

4 Likes

Might go full wanker on this, just loads of b sides. Kingmaker for Judge Yrself, that kind of thing.

10 Likes

8pts - Take The Skinheads Bowling

9 Likes