What's Their Best Song? #27: Green Day

Oooh, this takes me back to Sunday mornings in the mid 90s

1 Like

definitely 2 songs

1 Like

Indeed, they exist as both 2 and 1 songs, we’ve been though this.

1 Like

That’s absolutely the correct thing to do, if people vote for them separately.

2 Likes

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

3 Likes

Would you say you are, ht-hmmmm, Jaded?

1 Like
3 Likes

I only like one Green Day song, so that will be receiving 10 points.

1 Like

Polite reminder that Green Day actually broke up after Reading 2004, where they opened with some cover of another exactly similarly named band.

2 Likes

Have this on a brain shaped cd

2 Likes

Would you say it’s one or two songs on that CD?

Yeh definitely

Also remember this?

4 Likes

Billie Joes voice has never changed

I never listened to Green Day at all when I was of school age as they were strictly for ‘sweddies’ and middle class skateboarder types. Then when I was 16 I saw them at Leeds Festival in '04 and fucking loved it and they became one of my favourite bands. Apologies to any ‘sweddies’ reading, that’s the silliness of school innit.

2 Likes

No idea what a sweddie is but when I saw them maybe aged 14 we all cut off our jeans into long shorts and drew green Day artwork all over them

Halcyon days.

1 Like

I remember a girl next to us saying “are they just going to play stuff off the new album?” to her mate dejectedly. That album’s name? Albert Einstein. I mean American Idiot.

Freaks my nut out that I considered Billie Joe like a middle aged man at that and I’m older than that now :sob:

1 Like

I like this cover

This is nice timing , as I’ve never really listened to Green Day , knew the big singles but just for some reason had them labeled as a band that were not worth listening to. Then this week I started reading the book ‘Sellout’ and the first chapter is about Green Day. Read that and thought I should give them a chance. Now here we are and in a few weeks I’m going to have a best songs playlist to dig though!

2 Likes