What's Their Best Song? #30: Los Campesinos!

Everybody remember to get your votes in. Imagine the great sense of waste, the indignity the embarrassment, if not a single one of that whole vote tally is yours.

13 Likes

FFS, this is too hard. Going to end up like my Kendrick Lamar votes where one album takes a lion’s share of the points - RIB. Even then, I’m going to be pissed with myself when Romance tracks come out with way too few votes and I never gave them anything.

Too good a band.

This, but it’s the first half… and the second half. FFS!

I Just Sighed - Heat Rash - TSIAGPTTOTF - This Is A Flag is a helluva great stretch, Heat Rash so so good, a proper gallop, I reckon the verse beginning her body barely visible… with that surge of brass under it is my favourite little bit in any Campesinos song.

3 Likes

Coda too! Perfect ending.

1 Like

Tomorrow’s okay to submit this, right, funky?

1 Like

Yeah the deadline won’t be till Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 Like

I should probably do my votes tbh so I can start adding everyone else’s to the spreadsheet.

need to be sure that i’m not the only one voting for A Slow Slow Death, such a good song :broken_heart:

2 Likes

You’re not

1 Like

Deadline for this one is tomorrow at 9am

1 Like

Been listening to all their records the last week or so, largely for the first time, and I like 'em all, possibly Hello Sadness the most but it’s hard to say. Dunno I never got into them at the time, possibly I was turned off by their early singles and it’s hardly like the world banged me over the head with their tunes to reassess that, when I finally put Youngster on expecting it to grate I really enjoyed the fizziness and how they threw everything they could at it.

Just wanted to give the thread another bump really ahead of tomorrows deadline

Oh shit this is still on my blimmin’ work computer

2 Likes

might do another listening club inspired by this you know

5 Likes

I’m in.

2 Likes

Oh shit.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

2 Likes

LAST CALL ON THIS ONE PLEASE

1 Like

SORRY getting mine in now sorry

1 Like

ive figured it out, if we start next week and i do a bit of editorialisation then we can be finished by the end of the year and do the christmas album the week before xmas LETS GO

4 Likes

i’ll post the schedule tomorrow morning, taking suggestions for the name of the group below, otherwise we will be known as PART TIME GRASSES FULL TIME ARSEHOLES

4 Likes

here it is!

2 Likes