What's Their Best Song? #30: Los Campesinos!

Gonna drop a link to this comp in here for people who haven’t come across it before - 28 LC! covers in all sorts of styles (okay, mostly scraggly indie pop) and you can get it on a pay what you can basis and all the proceeds go to Gendered Intelligence, who definitely appreciate any support they can get in this hostile climate.
(Not affiliated with any of this, just seemed like a good place for it here.)

8 Likes

anyway. a good a time as any to revisit their back catalogue innit.

fuck, man, hello sadness is exceptional isn’t it

4 Likes

Poss not the right place for this thread but the book it’s named after is also v good

1 Like

This will be very interesting. I’m imagining a countdown beginning with about 47 songs with 1 vote, and the most popular song being a tie between 8 songs, each on 11 votes (1 x kingmaker + 1 single, in each case).

if we didnt know the shape was for functionality what would we do I DO NOT KNOW

4 Likes

really strugling not to turn this thread into a los camp lyrics in caps thing

2 Likes

Be my guest!

CAN WE ALL PLEASE JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!

(felt appropriate)

6 Likes

well ive narrowed it down to 29 songs so far

2 Likes

Voted. Somehow, on a first pass through, being very strict, I managed to land bang on 10 songs. No point in sitting on that. Will only make it much harder.

2 Likes

Oh wow this is gonna be tough

Trying to whittle down my 42 but all I’ve come up with is anger at myself for missing off There Are Listed Buildings and wanting to go up to 43

3 Likes

Easy winner for me here

‘The International Tweexcore Underground’?

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

4 Likes

A genuine masterpiece

Clunk Rewind Clunk Play Clunk

1 Like

dont try and trick me with spoof titles, i aint falling for it

2 Likes

That time them and Haim got into twitter beef is their best song imho.

2 Likes

Genuinely don’t think I’ve ever heard it. Not familiar with the b-sides from the _HONY_era. Will have to rectify that.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

Frontwards - 10 points

4 Likes