What's Their Best Song? #31: David Bowie

The bit where the horns parp in on this just after ‘chev brakes are snarling’ is one of my favourite things in all music I think.

2 Likes

My favourite is the first break time the music stops for Bowie to belt out OH NO LOVE, YOU’RE NOT ALONE!

Ziggy Stardust is actually a brilliant backloaded album. Which is incredible giving that every song is great, but those last three songs are chef’s kiss.

7 Likes

weird how I didn’t used to rate Ziggy… It really is an incredible record. FIVE YEARS!

2 Likes

Kind of hard to choose a definitive best song

I might kingmake an underrated gem instead

2 Likes

Have stuck to one specific period, and I still need to cut songs I fucking love.

Even though Visconti and Eno are all over them, I love his more ambient pieces. They’re so fully realised and evocative.

3 Likes

Listening to this in the bath. Saturday night!

1 Like

Enjoyed this

5 Likes

Might stick it all on this for a laugh because I fear choosing will be too difficult

2 Likes

Never seen that video before :rofl:

1 Like

Right, im going in. Casting my vote

1 Like

Its very mid-to-late 90s featuring Trent Reznor isnt it

4 Likes

Trent loved a ‘running away from something’ video

2 Likes

I’ve submitted my votes. Had to go with ten one pointers because there are just far too many truly great songs

1 Like

I went literal with the challenge and chose just the one best song (in my and probably only my opinion)

So, so many to choose from though

this was exactly what I was thinking of too :smiley:

1 Like

Just the shortlist of 26 songs then, and that was restricting myself from just sticking all of Station to Station’s tracks on there to just Golden Years. Cool.

1 Like

How long do we have to get our votes to you @Funkhouser

Realised i’ve not even got a shortlist yet.

2 Likes

maybe I’ll split it with this

3 Likes