What's Their Best Song? #33: Pavement

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by PAVEMENT

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Pavement in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

6 Likes

Alternative Rock 90S GIF

8 Likes

The one where they dis billy corgan

5 Likes

Strong temptation to chuck all my points on a massively underappreciated track but reckon it still won’t be enough to lift it above yer Range Lifes, yer Gold Soundz, yer Stereos etc.

Definitely chucking all my points at an underappreciated track.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

5 Likes

yes i will enjoy this

Probably gonna agonise a bit over this. Might have to do one of those big lists like Konniciwabitches does.

2 Likes

Kingmaker’d :smiley:

1 Like

Reckon my tastes in Pavement songs are pretty basic but I likes what i likes (and I’ll forget to submit them anyway.)

1 Like

Whens the cut off date/time?

For some reason I am much more familiar with Malkmus solo (esp. with the Jicks) than Pavement; very interested to see what Pavement people like

A lot of Pavement songs irritate me. But I do really love some of their more understated stuff - Here, Zurich is Stained, Stop Breathin, Major Leagues sort of thing

2 Likes

Sometimes think sad Pavement is the best Pavement.
Those tracks sprung to my mind as well as Grounded.

8 Likes

definitely dropping points on a couple of b-sides, right up there with my favs and they’re just hidden away on the extended versions of the albums

Everything about Pavement suggests i should love them but i just dont get them so i will just lump on the one song that i actually do really like

Grounded is my dark horse to win this. Unless the Billy Corgan troll vote sweeps Range Life to victory…

1 Like

Range Life is just reaaally good, and some of us are basic af.

5 Likes

After the glow, the scene, the stage, the set
Talk becomes slow but there’s one thing I’ll never forget
Hey, you gotta pay your dues before you pay the rent

One of the all time great openers.

6 Likes

fun band!

really funny to think of Range Life as a Smashing Pumpkins dis since it’s such a throwaway line and very mild and also refers to himself? You’d have to be very thin skinned to be bothered by it

4 Likes