What's Their Best Song? #8: R.E.M. - RESULTS THREAD

More of a ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ kind of guy tbh
or (Goonies Are) Good Enough

1 Like

O hey all mine are next to each other, that’s cute

3 Likes

That would be because I added them to the list at the same time!

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of whoever gave points to Hope and Diminished

3 Likes

2 Likes

looool, I thought it was alphabetical and they all start with I

(Please don’t gesture at the list and point out how ludicrous it is to think it’s alphabetical)

2 Likes

as if The Wrong Child isn’t sad enough, it only gets a 1!

…anyway, playlist 'ere

9 Likes

Gonna be honest, I might have heard them but I don’t recognise 50% of these song names

(I’m rubbish at knowing song names tbf, I did this with the Beatles and turns out I knew all of them)

1 Like

That’s me!

3 Likes

I did not vote, but if I had voted I would have given At My Most Beautiful a point. Cool story

1 Like

It was in my preliminary list.
Really good song imo

Young Michael Stipe was such a hottie. Respectfully. And older tbf, but those hair goals.

9 Likes

Reckon we might see every album represented in the final list? From a glance there I think we’re only missing Collapse Into Now? And one of you out there must have enough of a soft spot for that Marlon Brando one to chuck it a few points

Finding out of context Michael Stipe gifs is pretty fun:
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fdaf4d705-800d-4639-9682-fb7733194c10_480x268.gif

9 Likes

Always wonder what it feels like to go from mophead to bald… Is the lack of maintenance and weight incredibly freeing? Does he miss it in the cold? Or feel happy about how much easier it is to just wear hats?

2 Likes

Realised a few weeks ago that it’s the only album of theirs I don’t have on CD and that I’ve never heard it. Think I’m going to leave it that way too.

This post paid for by PROF$.

Collapse is ok, some good songs, something’s missing though for sure, could imagine Discoverer or Blue getting some points though

I’m so glad they didn’t split right after Around The Sun, that would have been crap

Sometimes think thats a nice position to be in.
At some point in future you might get a real hankering for ‘new’ R.E.M. songs and there’ll be an album full for you.

1 Like

I’ll hold up my hand for Stand and Pop Song 89.

Amazed nobody else joined me on those. I can almost taste the kingmakering to come.

5 Likes