What's up, kids?

It’s been a while. Seems like time for the once-a-decade “Hi DiS!” thread.

2 Likes

Hi JB!

1 Like

Hehe, hieeee. What did I miss?

Reckon this is really brnlv?

• Yes
  • No
  • No way to truly tell

0 voters

I vote yes because, well. It’s me.

Makes sense

Have there been fake mes in the intervening years?

I just stopped back in because I was crawling a few of my old reviews to see if they were any good in hindsight, so I thought I’d pop my head in. There’s some unnerving swerves between US/UK English and some regretful apostrophe usage, but a couple of them are alright.

You have to assume everything on the internet is fake

Fair. I remember your username, and sadpunk, from back in the day. There were so many people met at those crowded meet-ups I couldn’t tell you if we’ve met IRL. Are people like Catriona & James, and cadd, and Grindrod still around? And whatever became of JD Traynor?

2 Likes

Sadly, no Cat or James or Grindrod. Guntrip and thewarn are still around. Not sure who else was on here when you were.

How’s Iceland?

1 Like

Iceland is alright, thanks. Massive windstorm today. Summer doesn’t really exist here like it does elsewhere. But I’ve felt very privileged to be living here during C-19, it was brought under control rapidly and things are kind of normal now. Can’t image the stress of living in London during these times.

Hmm, who else was around back then? A lot of Darcy, smilingcrazy Gemma, Bamos and Sophie. I actually did see Branka when she came out here for holidays. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BRAINLOVE! :heart_eyes:

Hey John! I’ve got a cool Polaroid of you somewhere, I’ll see if I can find it to show you

1 Like

Halló! Whatsup? I was just looking for one of me and Branka from her visit here to try and prove my identity, but I can’t find it. She had one of those skinny-format Polaroid cameras with her.

1 Like

I think it’s of you, klaire, fiona (fihiki), and yer man from fuck buttons, but I may very well be confusing two separate photos here. Nice to see you on here :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh man! I haven’t thought about some of those folks for a really long time :slight_smile: I saw Ben and Andy (and Declan) when they played out here at Airwaves, and again when they played at ATP Iceland. It’s always nice when someone comes out this way to play or to visit.

1 Like

Damnit. I tried to upload a pic of me with the thread but the account is too new to upload photos or something. (Old account long deleted)

There was this big war where we buried all the old DiSers for having bad shoes sorry

1 Like

I can imagine a lot of dirty Converse went into the earth that day

1 Like