Whats your credit score?

518/700 (Clearscore)

Agreed.

I’m not fussed at all if property prices crash as unless you need to sell, you still own a house without paying extortionate rent, plus if you want to sell and buy whatever you are buying should have dropped as well.

1 Like

A crash always implies that your house will be worth nothing. During the last ‘crash’ our house dropped in value 6-7%, then shot straight back up.

Even if you do need to sell, chances are you need to buy another house to live it, and they’ll be cheaper too.

Personally, I’d like to see them fall.

dunno. probably shit

I was always told that checking your credit score makes your credit score worse :cold_sweat:

(503/700 on clearscore tho)

Yeah, maybe. You mean because people are reluctant to sell until the value of their property goes up to what they feel is correct? Maybe you feel that more if you own a lot of property, or are looking to leave London and are looking to finally cash in.

As an average Joe, I’d have been none the wiser that a crash had happened had I not read about it.

I think we got lucky when we bought our house, as we bought it in May 2010, which was around the time when everything bottomed out. We bought for £250,000, based on other houses on our street and the Nationwide HPI, its worth over £400k.

There is no way on earth we’d be able to buy now, and my sister doesn’t really stand a chance as they still rent. I’d be happy if the prices crashed and gave everyone a chance. It’s not really going to affect me as it’s just a place to live, not something to make money.

Pretty bloody good

(now)

bad.

You can protect yourself against what I think of as genuine negative equity by putting a bigger deposit down. If you have the money obviously.

You can further protect yourself against negative equity by buying a property as a medium-to-long term place to live, as opposed to something to make short term money out of.

That said I think I read recently that there’s lots of property in Ireland that still hasn’t recovered to pre-2008 levels : (