What's your favourite expression?

big fan of describing an explosive shit as sounding like:

old shoes falling out of the loft*

*stolen from the viz obviously

some of these are absolute crackers too*

*stolen from the old boards

Only ever seen it on Imgur so it might be made up, but the Australian expression meaning roughly “why else would I be here?”, that goes: well I’m not here to fuck spiders.

5 Likes

Smile

=SUM(B6:B69)

1 Like

Enjoy using ‘I’ve got a face like a dropped pie’ when hungover.

5 Likes

‘As pissed as a badger’ is a favorite. But I am not sure it is an actual expression.

1 Like

‘You can’t polish a turd’ will always remain a firm favourite.

1 Like

Someone (think it was @colossalhorse) introduced me to that wonderful Polish one that translates as “not my circus, not my monkeys” for when something isn’t your problem.

Also heard someone say they’d rather plait shit than watch a cricket match once.

12 Likes

my ma often uses “you get more with sugar than you do with shite”

5 Likes

My mum god rest her soul once attempted to use ‘as happy as a pig in shit’ to describe someone joyful.

She actually said ‘as happy as pigshit’ which I now use instead. Much better.

4 Likes

I first heard that from someone else on here (I can’t remember who - sorry whoever you are!) but it’s a great phrase. I took to using it so often my gf bought me this mug for work:

14 Likes

wild goose chase

7 Likes

Having a whale of a time.

10 Likes

What?! You’ve polished a turd? And taken photos of it?

Russian pal has some great alternatives to yer standard Brexit Britain ones. ‘On thin ice’ translates to ‘a cow on skates’ for example.

1 Like

I missed that. I stand corrected. Henceforth I shall instead use ‘you can definitely polish a turd, but that is completely irrelevant in this scenario’

1 Like

‘As wet as an otter’s pocket’ gets regular airings.

I also thoroughly enjoy and steal Alan Patridge’s “I’d rather lick piss off nettles”.

6 Likes

my mate describes his arse after a particularly hot curry as "being like a butcher’s bin"

2 Likes

Does the pope shit in the woods!

8 Likes

Liking this before it’s corrected.

1 Like