What's your favourite teen comedy film(s)?

Not what’s the best, because it’s a subjective thing really, isn’t it.

Off the top of my head
Clueless
10 Things I Hate About You
Bring It On
Cruel Intentions
Never Been Kissed
13 Going on 30
Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging (it’s so cheesy but I’ve watched it like 30 times, in the last 10 years…)

Hmm maybe I should only allow everyone one pick?

What I’d really like us all to get from this thread, is some recommendations for GREAT teen movies we haven’t seen!

3 Likes

Have you seen Election? That’s really good.

It is/was on Netflix.

The Craft is great as well obvs

3 Likes

Mean Girls

11 Likes

No mean girls?

Really unexpectedly enjoyed Edge of seventeen watching it completely at random on netflix

4 Likes

Came in to say Edge of Seventeen

YES Edge of Seventeen is excellent

Although it recently left Netflix and went onto Amazon Prime

Being a teenager in the 80s I think it would be The Breakfast Club for me, or maybe Heathers.

4 Likes

Also in my head I still rate juno but I’m scared if I watch it again it will be absolute pony. 2 good leads though

1 Like

It probably doesn’t count really but Eighth Grade is out on Friday and it is absolutely fucking wonderful and heartbreaking and funny and empathetic and devastating so please go and see it.

4 Likes

This was published on Tuesday:

1 Like

teen comedy films released when I was a teen were objectively better than other eras

2 Likes

Embarrassed to admit how much I love the American Pie films. Thinks it’s all the pop punk/college rock

4 Likes

I can tell you my least favourite, and that’s twat ferris bueller and his shit day off for cunts.

8 Likes

Not sure if these count as teen movies as such (movies about teens or movies we watched in our teens?) but I have quite enjoyed:

Pitch Perfect
21 Jump Street

Which seem to be aimed at teens maybe?

Edit: sorry thats 2 picks not 1

American Pie

Alyson hannigan is so great but has been in so much shite (first American pie is fun though)

3 Likes

Yep! Brilliant film.

a knights tale was great

2 Likes

FUCK
How could I forget Pump up the Volume and Heathers!!!

6 Likes

Including or excluding the straight to DVD ones featuring Jim’s Dad and no-one else recognisable?