What's your go-to comfort TV show?

mine’s Peep Show but I’m looking for a new one

I like watching stuff like the clangers if I’m ill

Wallace and Gromit

The American Office. Think we’ve watched it most nights since it aired.

Also love a bit of Kitchen Nightmares, 24 Hours In Hell Gordon Ramsay shows. It’s the same formula every single time but I love it and his mannerisms.

4 Likes

In my 20s it was Seinfeld as I had about about ten VHS cassettes worth taped from BBC2 and Sky 2 (a briefly existing channel that changed into something else).

Probably Dad’s Army now. I usually have a few taped on the Sky Box from UK Gold.

1 Like

Peep Show, Always Sunny, classic Simpsons and Taskmaster, seem to rewatch the four of them on a loop

Classic Simpsons
Joe Pera Talks With You (the most relaxing show on TV)

3 Likes

Also Peep Show for me. ‘Jeremy! You’ve fucked the bit!’ Classic.

The Trip. Food, scenery, bit of sad piano music at the end of every episode, ideal.

3 Likes

Jackass (including the films in 30 min bits)

Bob’s Burgers and Taskmaster.

Peep Show, Always Sunny, Thick of It (not the Chris Langham eps, obviously). Blackadder 2nd/3rd if I’m in the mood.

The OC, Twin Peaks, old Pokémon, and more recently She-Ra is entering the rotation

Friends (pre Monica and Chandler’s relationship being known)

1 Like

Bob’s Burgers and early Simpsons.

Might sound weird but I find Curb very relaxing. Think it’s a combination of how comfortably everyone in it lives (nice houses, long lunches, no-one ever works, it never seems to rain) or how comparatively low-stakes it all is (the worst thing that can happen in any given episode is Larry being kicked out of a golf club).

6 Likes

Recently been rewatching all of Parks and Rec. That show is like a big goofy hug from an old friend, I love it.

5 Likes

I’m Alan Partridge. Peep Show feels a bit too close to the bone sometimes.

All time: US Office
New: Kim’s Convenience

Kim’s Convenience goes down very easily. Enjoy all the sneak attacks. It’s nice when you get into a sitcom and there’s already 4 series worth to watch.

Northern Exposure

such a wholesome show

3 Likes