What's your go-to snack as you cook / when you get home??

Other than bits of what you’re cooking of course.

Bread sticks and houmous for me. Takes the edge off without ruining my appetite.

1 Like

Always have a packet of cocktail sausages in the fridge for this exact purpose and a pipe of pringles on the go next to the cooker at all times.

1 Like

I feel like my answer to all food questions on here is kalamata olives. But there you go.

Oh, backup answer - pistachios, or mulberries.

1 Like

Grapes

2 Likes

You’re a good lad funks, would expect nothing less :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Obviously things that are going in the dinner are fair game too, mainly when it involves cheese.

1 Like

Cheese.

Just cut a slice or 3 or 4 of cheddar off the block.

3 Likes

I pour salted peanuts and chill roasted corn into a little ramekin and stir them up a bit. Add plain almonds too if we’ve got them.

3 Likes

Normally some wasabi peas in the cupboard too, they’re good for a quick handful.

Carrots, celery, broccoli stalks etc. dipped in whatever’s available. Have been getting involved with the Saint agur blue creme recently which is really good

2 Likes

Oh and pistachios natch

1 Like

Tara and pita

1 Like

bang one of these lads in the micro for 40 seconds

4 Likes

Co-op salted peanuts and M&S salted mixed nuts all jumbled up in a lovely little bowl.

Trying to cut down but iiiiiit’s haaaaarrrrrd :weary:

Oooo… could change it up to edamame beans in a lovely little bowl…

1 Like

Where from please

A handful of mixed nuts.

Might put them in a little bowl if there’s a post-work/pre-dinner cocktail.

1 Like

Normally dip into a jar of gherkins, or when I’ve got it a forkful of kimchi.

1 Like

Tempted now to start having a little mixed nut bundle of an evening.

I’m a real snacker and have a repertoire. Ryvita thins with whatever cheese is in or hummus. I made a nice goat cheese dip the other day by just microwaving it a bit till it went melty and used that for my crackers. So good. I also keep nuts, mixed nuts and also some packets of the salted caramel nuts because i love them. Also like apples but i have to slice them (skin on). A banana sliced up on peanut butter toast. A banana and whatever soft fruit i have in as a smoothie with juice or water (mangoes, strawbs etc). Crisps, right now i have some fancy protein chips to get me through covid snacking and they’re amazing but literally 9 for 6 crisps. Also, chocolate. Have a bag of galaxy ones atm. Sometimes i dont eat meals and just snack, its not very good

1 Like

Pack of sliced chorizo, pack of edam slices.

As well as the usual variety of crisps, though I’ve been in a real peanut phase lately.

2 Likes