What's your GP strategy?

I practice saying “just one small sweet sherry after evensong” over and over again.

1 Like

Nonexistant, I can’t remember where I am actually registered with a doctor, only that it’s somewhere in Hull which is over 200 miles from where I currently live.

Hmm well let’s take a look then… yes your tyres are very soft.

When we all had Noro a while back we went to a walk in centre (although I think we had rung ahead) for my son who was all over the shop. We went in to see them then my wife and son went off to get him weighed or something. More out of small talk than really needing to know I asked the Dr if she thought I would be back at work on Monday and she said that she couldn’t answer my question as the appointment was not for me. Should have squitted rusty water all over her office.

I’m going to sound like a dick here but…

The other day I was in the travel clinic getting vaccines and I was given a big long explanation of all the vaccines and inside I was screaming ‘I have a PhD in vaccinology and I use to handle drug safety for that particular vaccine and wrote the prescribing information document for it.’ Said nothing and just nodded.

5 Likes

This is more common than you would expect man, don’t feel embarassed about going back.

1 Like

I moved about four years ago, and finally got round to registering at a local GP last week. They’ve given me loads of forms to fill in, which I can’t be bothered doing, so it might be another while yet.

Great, now I need to add “boiling blood” to my list of symptoms.

“Just give me that needle. I’ll do it.”

2 Likes

When I signed up for a new dentist recently I had to fill out a form listing prior medical history, current health etc. The main bit was a bit checklist with yes boxes in one column and no boxes in the other. Went down ticking no to everything (heart condition, hereditary illnesses etc), then when it got to drinking, switched to yes. Then, because I was on autopilot mode and had just been ticking no, I just carried on ticking yeses without thinking about it. When I was sat in the chair and the dentist pulled the form out, she did that “sheesh” sound, like, what the fuck kind of high risk nightmare are you?

4 Likes

The Brit in me feels guilty ticking no for everything like I must be lying or something.

2 Likes

“So, exactly which kinds of class A drugs have you taken in the past week? And was that while you were in sub-Saharan Africa, or afterwards?”

Whilst having anal sex with a gay male prostitute.

Well, I was on holiday.

11 Likes

There’s some brilliant clinicians out there. My wife gave her doctor some flowers the other week which was very sweet.

3 Likes

We’ve had a guy strip stark naked and crawl around the waiting room naked on all fours. If he has no qualms in returning to the surgery, then neither should you…

I would be amazed if he remembered your breakdown.

5 Likes

I’ve very found one that’s absolutely brilliant. Makes so much difference.

I have to really think about them all. When I’m giving blood and it’s stuff like “have you ever injected drugs?” I take ages to think about it, then tick no. Paranoid about getting it wrong.

This sounds very, very familiar

Haha your tv?

1 Like