What's your hair doing these days?

What you doing with your hair atm? Had a good cut recently? Keeping the lockdown locks?

I have naturally wavy hair and I’ve still not worked out how to deal with it. I’d like to have it wavy more often but when I leave it to dry naturally it goes frizzy so I usually blow-dry it straight. One of the best things I did last year was learn how to do French plaits from Youtube.

Please don’t let my first thread in months die, thanks!

3 Likes

Bob

Fringe is sometimes great, often not.

Undercut for :metal:and also quick drying and styling purposes.

Got some red hair dye but never sure whether I want to dye it

Wash and straighten daily which I know is bad but the natural wave is not pleasing for me.

2 Likes

Ive been chopping it myself, and gf tidies it up if i mess it up. But starting to look like the kid from the shining so might go for a proper chop soon.

1 Like

Just growing really

5 Likes

Fuck that’s an impressive beard

1 Like

I was worried my hair was falling out as for months now there is loads in the hair catcher each time I wash my hair. I have now realised it isn’t falling out as such but is breaking a couple of inches from my scalp, which means I now have lots of hair that sticks up. Also I have less hair than I did a year ago. I am fairly sure it is because of the very hard water in France as this can be really damaging to hair so I’m trying not to wash it as much and have started using Olaplex.

Haven’t had a proper cut by a hairdresser since 2018. Got my husband to chop a good chunk off in September and I quite like the length now but may go shorter as I get bored.

1 Like

I have a particular hair that refuses to grow right at the front and centre of my head and it is bright white, I call it my unicorn horn

3 Likes

haven’t cut it since the start of lockdown. into it. had a good think about shaving it off at the weekend - i even made videos - but concluded that i’ll keep it for the summer at least

2 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t like it at first but now it’s growing on me

3 Likes

It’s been getting excessively long and developing a lot of split ends. I haven’t had it cut since about feb 2020, apart from trimming my fringe, and i won’t be getting it cut until at least mid aug when I’m double vaxxed

I have got a bit better at managing it during the last year. Firstly I found that, although it’s almost straight, some curly hair products work well on it because the ends get very dry and frizzy. If I don’t put anything on it or style it I get a halo of fluff around my whole head. This stuff has been really good at reducing that - I think it’s the best value hair product I’ve ever used.

https://www.boots.com/cantu-moisturising-curl-activator-cream-10224679

I put a blob of this on and leave it to dry, trying not to disturb it or brush it until it’s fully dry.

Secondly i learned how to curl it (not very well yet) so I’ve got more options for doing stuff with it.

3 Likes

What is it about grey hairs and sticking right up? I wouldn’t mind getting them so much if they’d behave sensibly!

2 Likes

Mine was mushrooming considerably but I got it cut for the first time in 6 months the other day

2 Likes

I’d love it if I had like a streak of grey/white like some people do, looks so cool. Quite like my few greys though.

Right I am getting straight on this

2 Likes

Balding, with what’s left cut short and dyed blonde.

I did think I’d accept baldness gracefully, but blonde Rob is so much more fun than brunette Rob,

3 Likes

Still cutting it myself. I can get the style much closer to what I like than I could ever get a barber to do, but there’s more uneven bits or scissor marks etc so it’s not perfect. Also the realisation that I can quickly trim bits that are annoying me is dangerous.

Hairline is definitely on the retreat though, which is annoying me. Tried growing it longer at the front to give me more options but that’s where it’s thinning, so it just gets annoying and straggly there. Frustrating. Also got waaaay more grey hairs than I did a year ago, but whatever. I still yank them out quite a but now it’s not from vanity/denial, I just find it fun.

2 Likes

Wish I knew what to say at a barbers rather than just ‘few inches off please mate its getting a bit long’

2 Likes

Same with me at the hairdressers, feels obscene to pay someone £40-£45 to snip an inch of hair off but it takes them two hours to wash, dry and style it plus I get a nice chat and a cup of tea along with it

I’ve been tempted many times to say “do what you want with it “ but chickened out

1 Like

I’ve tried that before and it was met with baffled faces so I resorted back to ‘same but just a bit of length off’

More places should offer the chance to let them make the decision I reckon

1 Like

Shaved it off last year as a covid measure / test run at embracing my increasing thinning up top. Actually love having it short even though there’s a lot of scalp going on. The only thing I’m wondering is if it’s worth going to a barber and getting some sort of fade on it or something that looks like I still care about it, rather than just buzzing it at home. @rob.orch I’ve genuinely been considering doing what you’ve done, just not sure if it’ll suit me at all.

2 Likes

had two haircuts recently but they were really mild tamings more than anything else. was tempted to cut a lot more off and get it cut above my shoulders but i’ve gotten so used to putting up in a knot that i think i’d miss it now. far too hot to have hair down at the moment, especially if outside.

1 Like