What's your House Crisp?

Got an old faithful that you always have in? Not your favourite, but a reliable household crisp to appease all people/moods.

Our house crisp is…Quavers.

Don’t think I’ve ever bought a single packet of Quavers except in a pub, but they’re a good crisp to have in in bulk - kids like them, they’re quite light for snacking when you’re not even hungry purposes and they’re consistent. I also like how they’ve reduced the packaging by 50% (not sure why this hasn’t extended to all mutlipack crisps yet).

Our secondary “crisp” (I know this isn’t a crisp) are red Leicester mini cheddars.

We’ve got Skips in this week because of the crisp shortage.

THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE CRISPS BUT IF THEY’RE THE SAME AS THE HOUSE CRISP THAT IS OBVIOUSLY OK.

1 Like

You know what has riled me right up. They have changed the numbers you get in multipacks from 6 to 5 and 8 to 6.

Frazzles btw

2 Likes

House crisps was always walkers 6 pack (2 red 2 green 2 blue) or the McCoy’s version

2 Likes

Walkers Cheese and Onion Bakes here, they have the texture that kids crave!

1 Like

Same! Salt and Vinegar Quavers though

We did go through a phase of it being Wotsits a couple of years ago.

We also have Red Leicester Mini Cheddars too.

1 Like

Tortilla chips

1 Like

Probably a 6 pack of Hula Hoops, (Salt and Vinegar, Cheese and Onion and plain)

Also mini cheddars (red leicester) Bought a 12 pack yesterday and we’ve munched 3 packets already. Kids not back here until Saturday so I need to not eat the rest between now and then!

1 Like

Most regularly have in (Sainsburys) Onion rings.

1 Like

We also went through a wotsit phase, but the M&S version are so good that i feel cheated by original wotsits these days, and the orange finger mess is too much sometimes.

Mini cheddars. Fewer and fewer in each packet though.

2 Likes

Kettle lightly salted, or the basically identical Tesco version if pennies are tight.

1 Like

Can’t have muktipacks at home because I eat them all in one go

2 Likes

Hula hoops and nordie tayto multipack

1 Like

Yeah the clag behind your back teeth was too much as well.

Quavers just are the perfect light snack. I don’t think I could go back to the original flavour though, S&V just works so well.

1 Like

Lightly salted Kettle Chips or Morrisons Potato Sticks. Great thread.

2 Likes

Though I’m more of a ‘buy a big bag for the weekend’ than ‘house crisp’ kinda guy

growing up it was S&V Chipsticks. Quality crisps

2 Likes

Crisps are great aren’t they.

4 Likes

It used to be [whichever Kettle Chips-type crisp was on £1 offer] during the daytime and cheese puffs for an evening snack. But then I realised (CW weight) I’d put on about a stone and a half in lockdown so we don’t really have House Crisps any more

1 Like

usually whatever is on 6 pack offer at co-op. probably rotates between mccoys and walkers?

find buying crisps in packs bigger than 6 perverse tbh.

1 Like