What's your walking routine? (WYWR)

wwwr?

getting your steps in? trying to get at least 5k steps, 10 on a good day.

got a couple of small parks close by, feel like i’ve walked them both 50 times each the last couple of months. bored shitless of them both. got a nice cemetary which is nice for a walk once in a while, lots of trees. one big park but it’s rammed full of people at all times so tend to avoid.

been on a couple 10mile walks to go a bit further afield if i’m feeling keen. walked up to ally pally once basically run out of places to go now though and feel like i’m stuck in a loop. though

not interested in places you drive to, thanks.

edit:
can’t spell

You want to know about my garden walking do ya? Well funny you should ask. Here is a spreadsheet of the laps. A lap is 65 steps.

(this doesn’t count any non-garden walks I go on, or general walking about type shit).

So reckon I did about 20k yesterday (shit haven’t updated yesterday’s fully - should be 280)

7 Likes

Mask on, down street, cross road, round edge of park, back towards home street, go back round it the wrong way, home, wash hands, mask off, wash hands.

1 Like

Walk to and from work 5 days a week and move around constantly once there so average about 12-14k steps a day. Like to get out across the cliffs or the beach when I’m off too.

2 Likes

i’m not really, was a proper trek up there so wont be one i do too often. parkland walk is nice though aye.

lovey stuff but do you have a more user friendly version?

Into town once a week (about 2 miles each way)

That’s the only walking I do these days, but I have started jogging. Fucking jogging. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I do 30 minutes of running every other day at the moment. If I’m lucky I get 2000ish steps in during the day otherwise (the 30 mins gets me about 6000 I think) but yeah I don’t get ‘enough’ steps in really.

Just don’t have the time quite often now we’re back in lockdown.

When I was going into the office I occasionally got out a stop early and walked through Melbourne, which is quite a pleasant centre to walk through.

1 Like

Love a walk. At work I’m usually on my feet a fair bit, usually 16k steps or so. Always going to get something or whatnot, and usually walk the ~2 miles bit to/from anyway. Do like to get out for a break, always go to get munch in town, and often just have a stroll for an hour in the late-evening. Dog gets walked early am for about 45 minutes though that mainly consists of taking him to a field where he pisses on every single leaf then chases crows while I stand still tweeting.

1 Like

Sure

4 Likes

The Force A-Walkin’

1 Like

Strongly recommend you get on the #walkingsbrilliant scene with former goalkeeper Mark Crossley (@bignorms), on Twitter.

He goes for a big walk, and sings some Shed 7 songs. One of my favourite lockdown accounts.

1 Like

Balonz Gardenwalker

4 Likes

Hate to break it to you, but July has 31 days so you’ve got an extra day of walking to do!

Last year I averaged about 11k steps a day, this year barely breaking 10k. Current routine is nursery drop off and pick up (about 1k each way, so 4k altogether). Then a big lunchtime walk to one of two coffee shops, on a long loop, close to 5k. Sometimes round the cemetery instead. Weekends are a free for all.

Was better when I was commuting because it involved a long walk in the morning and a decent stroll at lunch.

Don’t worry the spreadsheet has that covered.

I’ve got two weeks off looking after two kids coming up so it might take a hit then. Well the formal garden walking anyway.

In Hastings I have a few different options depending on laziness:

Walk up in the west hill- 3000 steps
Go to Alexandra park- 6000 steps
Walk along seafront to St Leonard’s- 8/9000 steps
Go to country park- 10000 steps

Been quite obsessed with my step count in this period, usually try and get in 3000 even if I’m feeling rubbish/lazy

1 Like

Used to be walking from London Fields to the Olympic Park and back every day. I miss doing that.

what’s stopping you?

The Global Pandemic and the remote working that it has forced on me.

(I was just doing a Vicky Park lap every evening before they closed it down, I need to get back in the habit of doing it again now that it’s reopened)