What's your walking routine? (WYWR)

Reminiscing about April. Most of my days were like this:

Now only half of my days are like that!

1 Like

No one calls it jogging anymore grandad

2 Likes

I cal it running, but it is actually closer to waddling, so I say BRING BACK JOGGING as it makes it clear you are slow as fuck.

1 Like

Kin of alternating 0 and 15,000 steps depending on motivation. I’m in North London, and have the following favoured routes:

Eastwards to Abney park, spend a bit of time exploring the cemetery
Up to the new river, walk along to Ally Pally, back via Crouch Hill
Hampstead Heath
Explore the posh nobs’ hill village of Highgate

Kind of regret not doing the walk into central London while it was properly quiet.

Don’t know much about step counts, but I tend to go for a coupla hours a day these days. I’ll usually listen to a full album and a full podcast and then come home – definitely feel like I’m exhausting the routes I know around here though. Always a slight panic when trying to find new ones cause it’s like “oh shit I’ve just walked down this cul-de-sac and all the locals think I’m gonna rob 'em”

1 Like

I can’t keep up with you Gen Z types and your lingo.

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

I used to have at least 7000-8000 steps built into my day from walking to and from the station, and then from Waterloo station to work, so adding on a bit more from a wander at lunch time or something wasn’t too tricky.

for obvious reasons this has gone downhill since March though, most I get is 5000 for a walk into town and back. should really try and do something about this, but the places to walk round here aren’t particularly enticing - if I go east it’s just roads going to New Malden, west is into Kingston (aka “into town”), south is… idk a dual carriageway? could walk up to Richmond Park but then by the time I get there I’ll want to come back again. plus I’m too lazy to do it before work, after work I’m tired from working, and at weekends I cba.

tl;dr: I am lazy and don’t do enough walking

use to walk a lot to and from work
then was going out every day for at least an hour

cant be fucked now. bored with it.

1 Like

used to love walking but lockdown has ruined it for me :frowning:

no wanking jokes, epimer

desperate to get back out for a proper walk in the hills.

1 Like

Anyone done any impressive walks during lockdown? I walked from my flat in SE4 to my office in EC1 just to see what it was like. About six miles each way, took a couple of hours for each leg though I stopped at a few places en route.

Was surprisingly knackering and caused some unfortunate chub rub between the ol’ thighs.

yeah also pretty bored of everywhere around here. exhausted the parks, been around the new river path quite a lot, the reservoirs, to finsbury park, and then up to alexandra palace, that’s quite nice - don’t really feel like doing it regularly though… that abandoned railway track to highgate and the various places around there

mostly just been inside recently though, can’t really be bothered any more

1 Like

I mean, this summer I’m walking around 30.000 steps per day on average while working. But normally with my freelance home office it’s… somewhat less.

1 Like

10k every day unless I’m ill

Atm I’m walking for 30 mins on lunch, do the rest straight after work.

My calves are beautiful.

6 Likes

well done Captain Tom.

1 Like

i had to go into town the other day and didn’t fancy public transport so walked in and back. about 3 hours walking total, absolutely did me in.

walk up to ally pally was 17k total, think that’s a record for me not counting hiking holidays and stuff.

Average 8-12k. Try to get out for 30 min at lunch and then a longer walk at night but sometimes life gets in the way. I’m blessed with some really nice places to walk where I live so have been doing a lot of exploring during lockdown

Walked down to and West along Regent’s canal, then back home through fancy West London. Annoyingly just shy of 20,000 steps, but broke the 10 mile mark.

How shy? I sometimes go to the shop just to nudge it over or if it’s not many i’ll just pace around my flat like a weirdo.

1 Like