When are you generally angriest with strangers (poll, chat, etc)

• Gig
  • Pub
  • Cinema
  • Public transport
  • Pedestrianing
  • Driving
  • Supermarket
  • Restaurant
  • Other

0 voters

Do I even need to say?

2 Likes

Definitely at pedestrianing. Frequently shout at drivers blocking crossings and cyclists running reds when I’m crossing.

6 Likes

I occasionally get angry cycling but most of the time it’s fine (guess I don’t do as much city cycling though)

Definitely public transport.

STOP BREATHING NEAR ME
STOP TALKING
STOP EATING THAT BACON SANDWICH ON THE TRAIN
GET YOUR ELBOW OUT OF MY RIBS
DON’T TOUCH ME!!!

8 Likes

haven’t interacted with strangers in years really so no anger from me

Hello, Mr Van Man parked on the pavement. Fuck off. Why should I be forced to put my safety at risk by walking in the bloody road?

5 Likes

It’s just commuting. People stepping out in front of me not looking where they’re going. Drivers doing a close pass. Motorcycles and mopeds in the ASL. Drivers beeping me because I’m “in the way” when I have every right to cycle in the primary position. Drivers on their phones. Other cyclists not indicating or RLJing when it isn’t safe.

3 Likes

Torn between gig and cinema. Both because
A) I can’t just put on headphones and ignore everyone
B) I’ve paid money to go and enjoy something and other people can just ruin it by being dickheads

8 Likes

I hate hearing people saying shit about cyclists when it is clear to me that everyone out there is as bad as each other.

It’ll always be pedestrianing due to the astonishing number of people for whom the world and everything in it ceases to exist when it is behind them.

4 Likes

if you’re a dick, you’re gonna be a dick regardless of how you’ve chosen to transport yrself :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Gigs for me. The anger may be less frequent than with pedestrianing, driving or public transport, but it’s more intense.

1 Like

I am regularly irked by strangers at/during

• Gig
  • Pub
  • Cinema
  • Driving
  • Public transport
  • Pedestrianing
  • Supermarket
  • Restaurant
  • I am always calm and zen around my fellow human

0 voters

Yeah I get pretty angry with people using their phone in the cinema.

My partner was at something recently where there was a kid watching something else (out loud!!!) on a phone. They’d sat away from everyone else but she said it was audible during quiet moments. Mad.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, I don’t think I’d have been able to cope with that

Driving in London - constant fury
Driving literally anywhere else - absolutely fine

Don’t tend to get that angry with strangers apart from on the underground tbh. I’m pretty relaxed about it all.

1 Like

Yeah I’d have been in full on rage mode.

I get intensely angry at certain driving behaviours but the general fuckery doesn’t bother me that much because I’m driving in the expectation that everyone around me is about to do something stupid at any moment. Whereas with pedestrians for some reason it’s always a jarring shock when someone stops at the top of an escalator or just through a doorway or something.

2 Likes

All of the above. I fucking hate being around people.

In the supermarket, dawdling around like the world has time for their shit. JUST PICK UP WHAT YOU NEED AND GET OUT. IF YOU DIDN’T MAKE A LIST THAT’S ON YOU. IDIOT.

1 Like