When did they start putting artificial sweetner in Rubicon?

Just got myself a can of mango for hangover purposes - first sip and I can taste the grim taste of sweetner,

WHYYYYYYYYYY???

More effective mind control of the population.

1 Like

the amount of fruity soft drinks available with out them is really dwindling… Why is everyone else not livid about this?

Probably already being mind controlled.

2 Likes

taste the same tbh

Oh for FF sake

sounds like they’ve really crossed the Rubicon this time

3 Likes

They’ve started doing it to Ka pineapple too. My local Sainsbos still have the old stuff so I have to go there to feed my habit.

I am guessing it is to do with reducing the amount of traditional sugar in drinks because that is the current enemy destroying children’s teeth, possibly also pre-emptive of a ‘sugar tax’ being rolled out to include some fruit-based drinks too. Tbf tbh, from a mum perspective all those drinks are fucking terrible, from a personal perspective a used to love mango rubicon - probably my favourite for quite a long time.

its annoying though cos it’s just an occasional treat for me. I’ve not noticed it happening in cola yet, or sprite or 7 up, just fruity ones like Tango, Fanta etc

San Peligrino was sweetner free last time I had it, but I’m worried I’m going to lose that too

christ almighty

1 Like

Because sugar rots your teeth…

Sweeteners probably just quietly rot your insides instead.

Must do. Chemicals, innit. There’s CHLORINE in Sucralose, ffs!

I guess the ones it isn’t happening to so much are the drinks that have a sugar-free version, like coke zero etc so they are already offering an alternative.

Yeah, it is kind of a shame, because if you are having these drinks sensibly and infrequently it is not so bad, but so many people drink sugary drinks more than water to the level it is a public health issue.

Echoing other posts here saying that the artificial sweeteners are probably just as bad.

yeah i used to quite like a Rubicon before noticing the ridiculous amount of sugar in it, might start drinking them again if they’ve cut down/moved to sweeteners

1 Like

I might start hoarding Ting just in case they start sticking sweeteners in that.

1 Like

God, chemicals are so bad for you arent they!

Recently moved onto Ting as my go to pop.

Man I love Ting.

1 Like

Tin I’ve got says 4.5g sugar per 100ml

Don’t really mind, chuck half the bottle out before putting in the Glen’s anyway.