When do you think was the last time a wah pedal was used unironically?

• 80s
  • 90s
  • early 2000s
  • late 2000s
  • 2010s
  • still used today!

0 voters

90s morello

was thinking of that Santana song Smooth, that probably has wah on it right? That was about 2000 I think

Feel like that song is pure irony though. Insanely meta

to listen to it now is ironic but it was deadly serious upon release

2 Likes

I literally used one last week!

Unironically, but incompetently

1 Like

Also bam because this will be a relatively quiet thread, maybe you’ll like these guys

1 Like

hoping for someone to lose their wig over wah being a legitimate effect tbh

2 Likes

This would be pretty nice without that ridiculous tremolo/pitch wobble on the guitar part. Turn it into a nice shimmering chorus instead and we’ll talk

1 Like

I thought of the song because I quite like that they’ve used a shit effect brazenly. Felt like what Of Montreal would be if they were slightly less affected

1 Like

That song Wah Wah

I think I used a similar effect in a track once but it was different and better because:

a) I did it
b) it was just for a solo so was a little refreshing zaniness instead of an entire track

1 Like

Did you hang in there for the solo? He’s almost definitely got an EHX organ sim on that

I think I used my ridiculous Moog Chorus pedal , really quick delay time. Really wanted to try and justify such an expensive pedal, when ordinarily I just like a tiny bit of tasteful chorus

1 Like

and yeah I did listen to the whole track, I was enjoying the vocal harmonies and the general groove but everything was half drowned out by mr. plinkywaaooowah effect.

1 Like

Fair: they tend to do mad fx on everything but never the same sort so maybe other wooze will appeal to you

1 Like

2 Likes

if there’s wah on this then it’s pretty subtle

It’s a slow filter sweep on the lead part in the chorus.

sounds very nice!

I don’t think it should count as wah unless there’s a bit of chikkawauumwaaah in there y’know?