When do you think was the last time a wah pedal was used unironically?

Oh well in that case

2 Likes

I was about to link to a big long spacey unreleased track that I did about 6 months ago that has liberal use of wah wah both on the rhythm and lead guitar parts … but then I realised it also has lots of my singing falsetto too and nobody needs to hear that

1 Like

it’s ok to say if you were using the wah pedal ironically btw

1 Like

not at all, I love a bit of wah (in the right context)

1 Like

were you at least pulling a guitarist face?

A couple of years ago I was listening to Metallica and thought ‘hah, Kirk Hammett? More like Kirk Wahmmet, amirite?’ Went to tweet it and searched it first and obviously millions of other people had already thought of this incredibly obvious joke.

1 Like

You’ll hate this

1 Like

I don’t think so, the track in question is like a Spacemen 3/Spiritualized slow burner that’s just waves and waves of tape echo and the wah was to give it more waves and groove

I think I probably had a bliss face

1 Like

best guitarist move

• playing with guitar behind the head
  • leg up on the amp, guitar erect for the solo
  • lips pursed “oooooh” and a head nod at how good the guitar is
  • shoulder to shoulder with the lead singer looking at each other and smiling

0 voters

Feel like it used to be spinning the guitar around your body until Lost Prophets became heavily associated with that

2 Likes

not going to listen to this in case it’s metal but it would be pretty scary to have a glass jaw wouldn’t it, if you chomped down too hard on a burger it would shatter and cut your throat and you’d bleed to death

oh I forgot totally about that, had a friend who played bass who used to do that. Assumed it was a RATM thing.

1 Like

This combination is the secret best guitarist move

3 Likes

I can’t enjoy fails videos of people trying that and the guitar going flying because I feel sorry for the guitar. Feel a bit sick if it goes headstock first into the ground too.

1 Like

People give Rage a lot of shit but… they’re simply wrong. Morello sometimes comes off as hacky because he tries harder than most to do something meaningful

Meanwhile the same people beat off to Greenwood playing the fax machine

Fool’s Gold maybe? For a real chart topper anyway.
Oh no actually the red hot chilli propane lads

would rather go for a beer with morello than greenwood any day of the week

1 Like

Exactly. Like I get that it’s relatively dadcore to still think Morello is good but at the same time… HE IS GOOD.

1 Like

guitarists are inherently cringe tbh so they might as well just go for it

1 Like

This. If you’re going to be a lead guitar player you’re already not cool. This is just a fact. So go hard.

3 Likes