When do you think was the last time a wah pedal was used unironically?

Think one of GYBE use one on Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls

Kula Shaker, innit.

1 Like

Probably all over Josh Homme records since he’s all about them mids. It’s not one of his standard “I want all of the mids” tricks but I’ll bet a toe down wah has snuck onto a bunch of his guitar tracks.

Impossible to tell though since nobody’s listened to a QotSA album released in the last ten years

1 Like

Quite a big fan of having a track with a static wah for filtering when layering guitars, that’s pretty decent. Just adds a little je ne sais wah.

5 Likes

quickly scrolled down to this and saw “Keir Starmer” at first

Jesus, I think the first track on the newest album has auto-wah on the bass. Hideous.

Based on 80s photos of Starmer he would have been on a band signed to Postcard Records, so would only have used it ironically.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re cooler than me because I don’t know Postcard Records

Can you explain your post, young man?

4 Likes

Orange Juice, and The Associates, that sort of thing

(was really hoping you’d just like my post and let me get away with the fact that I don’t know who else was on Postcard or, for that matter, whether The Associates were :wink: )

2 Likes

Wow Metallica are awful, and also Kirk Hammett looks like Bob Geldof here

1 Like

I don’t know either of those but orange juice is a delicious drink so they’re alright by me

1 Like

There’s a good Songs For The Deaf recording video on YouTube that talks about it but he records using lots of mics on cheap/weird amps that are very mid-heavy. Also with an EQ pedal with every frequency boosted except at one mid band. Also sometimes with the Stone Deaf PDF which is basically an adjustable mid boost.

Since he likes to boost mids on everything I reckon he uses static wahs to do it sometimes too. Just a guess.

For the last part it’s because every QotSA album after the first three are complete shite

bit harsh

true

So you’re saying @Mert was setting them up?

I didn’t listen tbf just went from the general look of the pic

1 Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with wah.

1 Like