when do you think would be a better time to be alive (for you)?

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

• 1000AD
  • 3000AD

0 voters

3000AD fans you’re very optimistic

3 Likes

Basing all answers on the general odours I think I would smell at the time.

2 Likes

It’s pretty easy for any woman to answer these

5 Likes

I’m hoping by that point I’d be a head in a jar so the sea level wouldn’t be such a problem

Might get worse

1 Like

I see what you are saying totally but I don’t know, I’m pretty convinced that nuclear war or worse is eventually incredibly likely and I’ve watched Threads

Threatening

Not much has changed I’ve heard.

2 Likes

:smiley: fucking hate that song so much

1 Like

Reckon any time between the invention of agriculture and the invention of nationalised healthcare free at the point of use would be worse than living now. Can’t speak for the future though. Wouldn’t mind a bit of neolithic hunter gatherer action like @anon24576931 was talking about though

Oh you say that about every song.

A significant percentage true!

I actually enjoy hating the Busted song though as “Your great great granddaughter is looking pretty fine” is such an amazingly shit lyric.

1 Like

We could all go Mad Max Catholic like a Canticle for Liebowitz and be monks

1 Like

Maybe they cured death hundreds of years ago, or slowed down aging at least. Maybe she’s a robot!

2 Likes

Gotta hand it to my old self, I had a better response to this back in January

1 Like

i have this conversation with my brother all the time. it’s the life expectancy thing that stops it sounding good to me, and the lack of healthcare, susceptibility to drought and all of that. but at the same time i read books about bedouins in like 1900 and it sounds great.

I wonder how people conceptualised a long and short life back when like 30-40 was the average. I’m pretty at peace with being halfway through my life now and don’t have any issue with dying at 60+ personally but say we eventually got to a point where people were living to 160 would 80 seem tragically young?

Maybe busted simply want to bang the corpse of your great great great granddaughter?

3 Likes

i actually was wondering while writing this post what the life expectancy was. i mean i guess the chances are that a lot of people wouldn’t survive infancy which pulls life expectancy calculations down. but wonder how long people tended to last if they made it beyond that.