When was the last time you either blew, or smashed, something to smithereens?

Dropped a bottle of Bailey’s at work the other day (sorry @laelfy) Went into a million pieces. Bailey’s is sticky.

3 Likes

Pretty much do this on a daily basis for work.

It’s been a while, Kermo. Last time was probably my phone last summer: it fell out of my pocket while I was cycling to the train station, and landed just in front of my back wheel. Smashed it to smithereens.

1 Like

They do little else other than drink. There’s a lot of cider on the floor round these parts.

1 Like

threw a mug of tea at the wall a couple of years back during a period of huge stress, total mess to clean up

I’d love to go to an abandoned quarry with some dark web explosives and blow stuff (just tin cans and the like) to smithereens one day, like bored teenagers used to do in my parents’ days

2 Likes

Can’t believe someone hasn’t made a ‘your mum’ joke yet or something similar

Think all the young people are at the pub.

Our old kitchen before the builders replaced it. Great fun.

1 Like

Put a too big and heavy ceramic plant pot onto ceramic saucer thing yesterday. Mega smash crunch.

Love smashing old broken pots for bits to put at bottom of new ones.

It’s why I deliberately go for smartphones that won’t ruin me if I ruin them (usually Moto Gs)

1 Like

I seem to remember reading that somewhere (Japan, maybe?) they have places where you can book in to smash up a room full of junk to relieve stress. Sounds quite a good idea.

1 Like

I think the last time was when I was in the pub and knocked my drink over and the glass smashed. I’m generally quite good at not breaking things, but some random guy at the bar was talking to me about how he was an expert on reading body language which put me so on edge I knocked it over.

4 Likes

Did everyone go “WHEEEEYYYYY!”?

Smashed up some old bar stools with a brick once.

1 Like

Of course!

DiS Dumpmeat?

2 Likes

Oh yes! This is really satisfying, too. The big “crash” as something hits the bottom of the skip…

1 Like

We need someone from DiS to need help with a house clearance … All pile in, clear the house up, DUMP TRIP and then beers afterwards

1 Like