When was the last time you saw change on the floor, did u pick it up? People don't seem to pick up coppers these days?

Money, money, money! (post cant be empty)

Get my assistant to do it for me these days.

I can’t remember and I definitely didn’t. Fuck a coin.

I picked up five p the other day

I’d dropped it onto the floor shortly beforehand

I picked up a copper the other day

We had a great night but she had to leave early for her shift

#makesyouthink

:exploding_head:

Think I’d have left it, unless I was in my own home at the time. And even then I’d hesitate.

I have a coin operated electricity meter. Quite fun.

I didn’t really think about it until I was already stooping down

does dropping money count as littering?

It does if it’s 5p or less, i feel.

€0.01 and €0.02 coins can stay on the ground. €0.05 and up? You betcha I’m picking that sucka up.

Most satisfying current UK coin

• 1p
  • 2p
  • 5p
  • 10p
  • 20p
  • 50p
  • £1
  • £2
  • Commemorative brexit £5/£10 coin

0 voters

Anything lower than a silver and I am not interested (not true), ‘but what if there was 5p worth of coppers Rony?’ I hear you say.

I have another coin story. One of my friends runs a post office, and one of his customers used coins to pay for something this week. One of them was a Snowman 50p piece:

He sold it on ebay two days later for £200!

Shud he have split it with the partially sighted pensioner who paid for her/his electricity bill in coins? Or screw them finders keepers! :grin:

Got to be 50p or higher for me to bother.

Caught between a few searing hot takes in this one so will for plump for the old adage of the world economy crashing if we all picked up all the small change.

I’d like to hear more about this theory

I think it’s essentially that lost/missing money is an essential part of inflation and value estimations in global economics. If it all suddenly became accounted for the money would be meaningless, ironingly/

That sounds like it should be interesting if there was any part of me that understood any aspect of economics