When your jeans wear out ...

What wears out first?

• Knees
  • Crotch
  • Arse
  • Other (please state)

0 voters

And what do you do with them when they begin to wear out?

• Get rid and replace at the first sign of wear
  • Buy a replacement but hang on to the old pair as a spare/to lounge around the house
  • Keep on wearing them until they’re just threads
  • Cut them off and make jorts
  • Other (please state)
  • Not on jeansbook m9

0 voters

Jeans chat encouraged

Yours - someone who owns 17 pairs of jeans but can probably only wear 5 or 6 of them in public

Always the inner thigh/groin to go for me. Sometimes cobble a patch on the inside because they’re all black anyway and nobody can notice that shit. Other times just let it free tbh for a bit of thigh cleavage.

Possibly age related but for years my jeans always used to wear out in the crotch/inner thigh area but since 2/3 years ago that moved to the arse cleft area. Let that be a warning to you young Ruffers

2 Likes

ban request for anyone who wears jeans to lounge around the house in

9 Likes

Always the inner thighs that go for me first. Annoying.

tends to wear out in the area between the crotch and the bum. will wear them for a bit when the holes still small but when I can feel the air when I walk, bin them

1 Like

My old crotch is where the wear is

1 Like

Trans people were recently informing me that women’s jeans are always considerably less thick and hard-wearing than mens.

I’d just assumed my wife chose lighter jeans TBH. So if any women’s jeans want hard wearing jeans consider trying on men’s ones to find a fit.

1 Like

Also always go a bit threadbare first so then I know it’s coming up to time for a replacement. Will then just wear them for walking dogs etc until they completely rip then its off to the bin.

2 Likes

Obviously there are more comfortable trouserings but one never knows when a friend or neighbour might pop by unannounced

Can’t be sat in a dressing gown or tracksuit bottoms all day

1 Like

Think I must have particularly abrasive knees

Didn’t realise crotch went first for everyone. Thought it was a big man thing thighs not willy

2 Likes

wait so you wear jeans around the house in case someone knocks on the door?

This is interesting, I might try mens jeans next time to see if they last longer as I definitely feel like womens wear out quicker.

1 Like

My fave pair of jeans at the moment are women’s black stretch jeans. Really liking no front pocket vibe

1 Like

Don’t think I’ll ever wear jeans again tbh.

Stretch jeans are super comfortable right? I wear skinny fit stretch most often.

2 Likes

Yes! Though the material on these feels super flimsy

1 Like

I live on an estate with lots of neighbours plus my 8yo has about 10 classmates/pals that live on the same estate, there’s always people coming in and out

There’s even kids that my kid doesn’t know and whose parents I hardly know that knock on the door and are like ’can we come in and look at the kittens’

It’s a pain