When you're talking to your aunt or uncles, do you say the aunt and uncle bit when you're saying their name

My uncle died in a car crash as it goes.

Due to the language barrier, I can barely communicate with them.

A friend of mine went out with Charlie from Casualty’s son. Does this make us…related?

we are brothers and no one can ever take that away from us

1 Like

I would find this distinction very useful, it is a pain having to occasionally awkwardly explain the exact relation sometimes, would love separate words.

May I ask what the language is?

Just remembered a story about one of my Uncle Tony’s. I’m friends with him on facebook. 72 years old. After the EU referendum he posted something like “if any of u voted out then ur no friend of mine& can fuck off tony”. Then he had a load of people replying to it going “I voted leave” or similar and he responded to every single one going “FUCK off then. bye” and unfriended them one by one.

10/10 uncleing

5 Likes

i think this is lovely

made me a bit sad when my kids switched from Daddy to Dad, not that I ever said anything to them about it mind

Auntie Pat is such a solid auntie name though

1 Like

Innit. That side of the family are (were) Pat, Paul, Peter and Pam. Lunacy.

I used to have an Auntie Pam - but then my (step) uncle and Pam got divorced and I never saw her again. She didn’t come to my wedding either and TBH I would have rather she came than boring Uncle John (who once decided to explain the entire history of popular music to 13 year old grievoustim)

1 Like

Auntie Pam didn’t come to my wedding a couple of weeks ago so we have that in common. Sounds like I’d get on with uncle John tbh

As in my aunt Pam, not yours. That’d be weird.

1 Like

his history was littered with errors and was very very white

It’s Bengali and/or the Sylheti dialect of Bengali.
The former is Radio 4 standards. The latter is equivalent of Geordie.

1 Like