Where do you buy your clothes from?

Uniqlo, H&M (though varying quality) and online. I tend to buy plain stuff though so they fit my needs.

Mainly marks and spencer.

In spite of being someone rather into his plain threadz I’ve never found anything I’ve liked in Uniqlo. Strange. On their v-neck jumpers the neck is too low and wide and on their t-shirts the neck is too narrow and high. Weird huh.

1 Like

I’d like there to be a Uniqlo near me but there isn’t. I used to have a fine merino wool jumper from there though and it was good and lasted for ages

Yeah if I liked Uniqlo stuff I’d be set for life probably. Their clothes are really good quality for the price.

Most of the stuff in Uniqlo is stuff I’d almost like, but not like enough to actually buy. But then they brought out this design, which is what I’m wearing today:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173834653220

3 Likes

I’ve got a uniqlo jumper I bought about ten years ago. Aside from a tear between the neck opening (what do you call that on a jumper?) and the body at the back, it’s still in really good condition.

Thread.com sale items mostly

They have loads of branches in London and about two in Not London. It’s very very annoying.

Not if you live in London. They’re opening a branch in Islington.

Wiggle
Rapha

1 Like

try not to buy clothes

1 Like

My new job is the first I’ve ever had where office clothes are the norm. Do any shops sell shirts that don’t make me feel like I’m melting in even medium temperature like today?

I presume that you’ve tried M&S?

I have been given a few TM Lewin shirts as presents (too pricey to buy, ordinarily, but they do have sales), and they’ve been excellent quality and very breathable, even if they feel quite thick.

Charles Tyrwhitt have a few different materials of varying thickness. The non-iron ones are a bit toasty (and still need ironing, obviously) but the others are thinner.

Never buy from these places at full price, there are permanently “buy 3 or 4” offers on that make them £25-£30ish each.

Yeah, Manchester and Oxford are the only locations outside of Greater London/Bluewater.

Hoping we’ll get one in Edinburgh with the fancy new shopping centre currently going up.

does this really count as office appropriate?

4 Likes

It’s a fun office.