Where do you keep your washing machine/dryer?

Bathrooms in Europe are usually a lot bigger than UK ones, so it makes sense.

No. Laundry room implies a single use, whereas utility suggests a whole world of possibilities.

1 Like

Used to live somewhere that had the washing machine in the bathroom, but it was a former council house that had been privately bought and turned into four flats and that was the only place for it. The (single) bed was in the entrance hallway.

£575 pcm, about six years ago.

Yeah, a washing machine, tumble dryer, maiden and sometimes ironing board.

fucking hell

2 Likes

This is good work

2 Likes
  • tumble dryer
  • normal person

0 voters

Depressing lack of imagination there.

I bet the landlord was the offspring of one of the Tories who pushed through the “Right To Buy” legislation.

It was (just) in Oxford, so can’t imagine the was a lot of inherited wealth floating around tbh.

Well you need them in the country to put all your muddy Hunter and Barbour* gear.

*Reminded of the time I had a slightly confusing conversation with a girl fresh out of public school because she used ‘Barbour’ as a synonym for raincoat and I’d never heard of the brand so just wondered what her hairdresser had to do with anything.

I miss having a tumble dryer :cry:

I lived in a mental flat that the owner hadn’t done up since the beginning of time. It had a million rooms, there were cupboards within cupboards (we named it the narnia cupboard) and the hallway had an alcove at the end of it that was lit from below for all your shrine needs. There was a larder, a coal room, a room for the washing machine and one for the tumble dryer. There was no reason to tell you all this. Just… tumble dryers are so great they deserve their own room.

2 Likes

i used to have a combi washer dryer, it just turned wet clothes into hot wet clothes.

6 Likes

You could have Airbnb’d it as a shit hotel.

“Tonight, sir and madam, you will be staying in The Tumble Dryer room!”

2 Likes

Yeah our old one was shit but I can tell you (and @Witches) that if you spend a decent wodge (~£700) on a washer dryer the dryer part is actually very good at both drying clothes and not shrinking them into the bargain.

5 Likes

She should run for Prime Minister.

1 Like

My washing machine doesn’t seem to have any other temperature setting other than scolding hot so that’s pretty much how my clothes always feel when they come of it.

@Epimer It wasn’t an HMO flat, and three of us lived in it :blush: after I left I think about a billion people moved in, all of which airbnbed their rooms out. I am so glad I left when I did. Too. Many. People.

I will just say right here that it’s annoying that Kubrick’s Shining doesn’t include the whole boiler bit, really.

6 Likes