where were you when you first heard the news that it was 9/11?

and what were doing?

1 Like

Got home from primary school and Joe had come round to play and we couldn’t watch cbbc because my mummy and daddy were watching the news instead.

1 Like

Actually it was just my mum, my dad would have still been at work

Dropped my mate off at the dole office and the news on the radio said a light aircraft had hit the world trade. Turned the news on when I got home and it clearly wasn’t a light aircraft

In the dentist’s chair (tooth doctor not Euro 96 drinking one)

3 Likes

In the car, on the way back from school. Radio 1 newsbeat. Sitting in the front seat probably

I was at work. I had a job instructing payments between banks, and I phoned up a colleague who worked for an American bank to check up on progress, who told me that nothing else would be happening that day and that I should check the news. I was a bit naive at the time and it took me a few hours before I realised just how serious things were, which was massively different from 7/7, which I had a bad feeling about from the start. Maybe I was older and wiser, or maybe 911 changed me

I was in the stockroom at my part time job.
The manager came rushing out in a bit of a panic to tell me. I didn’t really know what the WTC even was let alone the gravitas of it all.

At home, I had left school the summer that year and was unemployed. Was about to go to Tesco with my mum to do the big shop. Just watched BBC News all afternoon instead.

In a local arts centre signing up for breakdancing lessons

3 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed:

4 Likes

Oh hang on, which year?

1 Like

the one with 9/11

1 Like

Playing Dog’s Arse on the playground outside F Block

1 Like

i’m sorry?!

1 Like

Are we really doing this again

I was on work placement at MoD bioweapons facility, we got evacuated as they thought we were a target.

2 Likes

I was on the playground outside F Block having a game of Dog’s Arse. What don’t you understand?

2 Likes

watching a football video when my dad told me to switch over to the news because 9/11 was happening

4 Likes

Dog’s Arse

Year 5 I think