Which 3 songs should be on everyone’s tracks of 2021 playlist?

It’s nearly time for listageddon… so here’s a pre-emptive thread to turn people on to some records to explore.

Here’s three of my favourites…

Firstly, one of the lushest pieces of music of the year

Comeback of the year. Love how the bass almost feels like a Sublime-era ska song but also not

And the new artist I really hope more people discover, especially if they’re into Lana, Lorde or Kacey Musgraves

PS here’s our 5 hour favourites of 2021 playlist Spotify

6 Likes

i’ve made a playlist with all the suggested tracks from here and the fb thread, add stuff to it if you want!

yes i’m putting the baby to bed, why do you ask

1 Like

This is really tough to narrow down, so I’m just going to go with the 3 that might have the lowest chance of others submitting.

Cloud Nothings - The Room It Was
(the amazing closer of what’s secretly their best album behind Last Building Burning)

Meat Wave - Yell at the Moon
(this EP is barely talked about but it’s one of the few best releases of the year)

A Talk in the Dark - The Ascent
(this song is almost like post-rock Greg Dulli and it’s beautiful)

1 Like

A Talk is probably the best post rock album of the year.

2 Likes

Thanks for pushing it so much, it got me to try it out and yeah, it’s great. One of my favorite discoveries of the year.

1 Like

Have a 33½hr playlist of 2021 releases I’m not going to link, because who really needs 33½hrs of sad indie

5 Likes

Wow cheers lads!

2 Likes
1 Like

I listened to it and had high hopes but I didn’t love it. But, nothing ventured etc

1 Like
2 Likes

Actually might change my Gaze is Ghost pick to this one, it’s gorgeous

Hustle - Sons of Kemet
Clash - The Bug
Chaise Long - Wet Leg

2 Likes

Good call on Bo Burnham. Some bangers in that special

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Forgot about that Bleach Lab song, still one of my favorites from Music League.

1 Like