Which band/artist do you not understand the LACK of love for?

Carissa’s Wierd

7 Likes

Ought. Last time I saw them, the venue was half empty.
Bas One
Haiku Mergia

3 Likes

Low

2 Likes
7 Likes

I find the lack of mainstream attention given to Camera Obscura utterly baffling. It is classic pop that wouldn’t be out of place on Radio 2!

15 Likes

Archers of Loaf. Never going to be a mainstream hit but I don’t get why they’re so far down the list compared to other messy, fuzzy 90s indie bands. They had Proper Catchy Singles, shout along choruses, weird experiments, a few lovely sweeter quiet songs etc etc

4 Likes

Built to Spill
Lone Wolf/Paul Marshall
Nicole Dollanganger
Mark Mulcahy
Liz Phair (She deserves to be universally celebrated like Pavement)
MONEY
Torres

Titus Andronicus

3 Likes

The Clientele
Trash Kit
We Are King
HTRK

Good shout. They’ve neither gained a mainstream audience or widespread critical acclaim, even though they’re ace.

Makthaverskan

2 Likes

I live in Sweden, and nobody here likes them either!

I was going to say Baroness, but then I checked and saw that they’re headlining Brixton on this current run so perhaps they’re finally getting the credit they deserve. I still feel like they’re a band a lot of people would love but simply haven’t been exposed to. The weird production choices on the latest album won’t have done them any favours though. Was very happy to hear their session for Daniel P. Carter last week; those songs sound even better when you can actually hear the instruments properly

Westkust

1 Like

Do Me Bad Things.

They are one of the only bands to emerge from the early 2000’s glut of “stoner rock” in decent shape

1 Like

Who else would you put in that bucket? I guess Mastodon, although I still love them, but who else?

Squidpan

2 Likes

100%

3 Likes

Her Name is Calla.

I would have thought we’d all be mad for them on here as they tick almost every box for a ‘typical cherished DiS band’ but it all gets a bit tumbleweed.gif when they’re mentioned.

1 Like