Which body system would frighten you the most

If you saw it walking around

4 Likes

Its a close tie between the muscular and the nervous system for me. Wet muscles walking around? A brain with all those dangly things sauntering along the street?? No thank you

17 Likes

Great thread

25 Likes

Not gonna lie, I think every one of those would make me pretty nauseous

4 Likes

The cardiovascular system looks like that weird “Evolution of the Arm” thing from Twin Peaks: The Return.

I also imagine it would be glowing in the dark if it came at me.

So I went for that.

6 Likes

Imagine all of them joined together! Terrifying.

11 Likes

I imagine you’d see little sparks of electricity going from the brain

Sometimes I think it’d be a lot calmer if I opened myself up and I’m just the innards of a computer

5 Likes

That might be the reason surgeons give you anaesthetic when they’re doing operations- so you can’t see that what they’ve opened up is actually machinery.

12 Likes

I’d think the muscular one was Robbie due to the Rock DJ video

5 Likes

muscles, think I could take all of the others

2 Likes

How would you take the skeleton?

Hit with a baseball bat

9 Likes

Skeletons haven’t been frightening for me since I got the funnybones books (and accompanying audio tapes) and wanted to be their friend

7 Likes

Yeah skellies are a GBOL

5 Likes

I went round the Hunterian collection a few years back and they have an entire nervous system preserved on an old wooden board.

Didn’t realise what it was at first and it really creeped me out when I realised :frowning:.

4 Likes

11 Likes

And reckon the Nervous System is scariest.

Skeletons are kind of charmingly pathetic. Would just fall to pieces if you knocked them over. The muscles look like something from that Body Worlds exhibition.

The Nervous System looks like some kind of alien/ghost octopus. Bit Mars Attacks

3 Likes

Surely the nervous system would run away in terror the moment it came across anything remotely scary

9 Likes

Needs the muscle system to run away though