Which of these would you find the most difficult to give up?

oh right shit. that’s a bit more difficult.

dunno how i’d book a train ticket without the internet though? hmm

Buy it from the ticket office?

what about a flight?

Travel agent or at the airport (would cost loads, though, obviously)?

Couldn’t you ask someone else to do it? Adjudicate please @Ruffers

I refuse to vote on any of these

1 Like

Of course not, the internet shuts itself off whenever it gets wind of this

Surely transport unless you never want to travel more than about 10 miles from home

1 Like

That’s fine

It could largely work if you lived and worked in a decent city centre, but even then you’re pretty much fucked for leisure activities

But you’d have the internet
and alcohol

1 Like

Looking at pictures of beaches/mountains/countryside/other cities isn’t quite the same though is it?

tell that to 42% of the voting public!!!

What about if you break your leg or etc? Good luck with that Flintstones ambulance

is this gonna turn into another bike thread?

1 Like

It CERTAINLY was not designed to

If I knew I couldn’t get in a car, train or plane ever again I’d probably feel quite claustrophobic, so I voted that.

Second hardest would be not being able to wear what I want. I would say I don’t own many clothes but what I do have I like. Wearing things I don’t like would make me feel deeply uncomfortable.
I’m vegan anyway so that’s no thing
Booze/drugs I’m easy with, I love both but I rarely do either.
Internet would be horrible to go without initially but I reckon after a few days I’d be fine, I’ve done stints without it before due to being somewhere remote and very quickly I got used to being without it, whereas I’m at home and the internet slows down for 10 minutes I’m raging!

Have you ever heard of horse and carriage mate? People these days eh!

Agreed with the internet. The first week or so without it is pretty tough. I mean surprisingly so. But then you just discover books again start going on more walks. Watch a film, listen to an album, or play a game with no distractions. I actually becomes pretty pleasant.

I like to do my holidays with virtually no internet accesses now days not because im some kind of sherry turkle luddite but because I am such a heavy user of it that it sucks up so much time I could be spending doing other things.

You’re right, I really should give up my job in cancer research and go work in the corner shop just so I can keep alcohol and meat instead. :thinking:

1 Like