Which tube line would you prefer to work on?

I’m going to go with the Glasgow subway, both for the natty orange colour, and because it’s the most true to life, ie it just goes around in circles all day :sunglasses:

Think there’s one next to Kew Gardens on the District Line (represent).

1 Like

Not on the tube

Change at Euston

3 Likes

The one day travelcard line

2 Likes

Here we go lads
Screenshot_20190924_095306

11 Likes

Omg guys, I’ve just been informed that ‘driver on the DLR’ is no longer a funny set of options to put and you all have to stop it immediately

1 Like

There is one level crossing for vehicles on the Underground network - at the Neasden depot, but it’s not on a public road.

(there are a few on the Overground still)

I’m not sure where the pedestrian crossing is though. Again, there are still a few on the Overground/Mainline routes.

This one is quite cool, in the way that the alleyway is an arch between two houses

4 Likes

I said the Central because lots of it is above ground into leafy Essex, but Metropolitan might actually be better for that stuff.

Like, Chalfont and Latimer, must be a beautiful country village with ducks in a pond and cricket on the green, couldn’t be anything else with a name like that.

1 Like

Drivers! I’ve been informed that you also have to drive the rail replacement bus if the line is down. Still keeping your jobs?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

You’d want to work in the fresh air, or above ground at least, so that rules out pretty much all of the Underground, especially the Central, Victoria and Northern Lines.

Metropolitan Line might be alright, but I think I’d still go for the Overground as a driver, or DLR as a PSA.

There’s a pedestrian crossing on the Overground between Bush Hill Park and Enfield Town. I once saw Mike Gatting walking his dog very shortly after making the crossing.

Not a bad shout. This thread was inspired by these lads today. The hell of the Victoria and Jubilee lines made that job look pretty sanguine

Yeah, there are still level crossings on that line, too.

Also, good Gatting fact.

1 Like

Had a properly Fucking Mardy station assistant at Blackhorse Road today.

Picked the metropolitan line because it’s above line and goes out into the country (as everyone has already pointed out). But did you know that in the olden days it went out as far as north of Oxford?

2 Likes

On the other hand, if I worked on the Central Line I could walk to work as the driver accommodation is at Leytonstone.

Highams Park level crossing also springs to mind - right in the centre of the ‘village’.

Great level crossing chat, this.

I presume this is the one that takes us back to the welcoming arms of the north as fast as possible?

2 Likes

Correct. The tropical climes of Barnet

2 Likes