Whisk(e)y Thread

Especially when you pass out and don’t brush yer teeth before bed :grimacing::laughing:

4 Likes

I’m currently next door to bruichladdich and off to coal Ila today :heart_eyes::tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

Caol Ila is my current favourite bottle.

1 Like

Got my standard bottle of Powers on the go and it’s so drinkable it should be banned.

If anyone’s tried Jameson or bushmills or something and not been enamoured, then try this if you can find it, it’s liquid crack

1 Like

New caol ila visitor centre is lovely and the whisky is divine

7 Likes

Hardcore jealousy right here, have an incredible time

1 Like

Yasss, glad they’re finally open again. This coming trip I need to visit Caol Ila, Bunnahabhain & Lagavulin to complete the set

2 Likes

New bottle: St Urban, a single malt from Italy

6 Likes

Just tasted it, it is remarkably sweet for a whisky, not too surprising if you know the distillery’s main products are fruit brandy and grappa. Has a hint of smokiness as well.

Very easy to drink.

3 Likes

Two new bottles:

6 Likes

Silly present from work

11 Likes

I’ve tried this now, it’s amazing. Just sat sniffing it for about 10 minutes

Bad thing is it makes all my normal stuff smell and taste like petrol in comparison

3 Likes

Recent haul from Islay

14 Likes

Lovely. Big fan of kilchoman, pretty new to me. Especially Dana if :yum:

2 Likes

Sanaig even

1 Like

yeah, they’re a GBOD

1 Like

Would you recommend?

I live close to the distillery so am thinking about a visit to get a bottle or two as presents.

Not a whisky drinker myself so can’t really make a decision based on my own tastes.

Yes

As I said after the first sip, it has strong hints of grappa and other fruit-based brandy. Scotch purists will probably scoff at it, but I think it’s a welcome alternative.

And it’s a very distinctively shaped bottle, which always makes a good impression for a gift.

1 Like

I have a bottle of Kilchoman Machir Bay at home. Did the tour a couple of years ago - love that it’s all done on one farm.

Thanks!

1 Like