Whisk(e)y

1 Like

fucking right, actually can everyone stop tlaking about whisky, i’m starting to want to finish up early and head to the ben nevis/lismore and drink myself stupid.

1 Like

I’ll plump for Glenkinchie 12 please

^This

Whilst whisky’s an awesome thing to get into and to find that one really, really delights you… I am yet to find a single malt I cannot drink. Take your entry-level Glenlivet for example. Probably my least favourite. Will still drink fucking loads of it if it’s on offer.

3 Likes

As far as blends go, really can’t beat Jameson imo.
Had that new Jameson Bold at the weekend, very nice but a bit ££ considering you can get a decent single malt for the same price.

All time favourite blend is this:

Really drinkable, decent peatyness and really good value

Both

2 Likes

Whisky: Balvenie. Like most of them but especially the single barrel first fill 12yr. Also the Caribbean cask when I want something a little different. Had some Ardbeg Uigeadail and Lagavulin (can’t remember which year) recently and they were both really nice too.

Bloody love Whiskey. Bourbon especially. Big fan of Blanton’s (especially gold or special reserve, but even their ‘entry level’ is delicious compared to others at it’s price point) and Jefferson’s Reserve. Willet’s is really nice too, and Woodford is a really good/my favourite easy drinking over the counter buy.

Had a whole selection of Pappy Van Winkle recently and given the price I wasn’t blown away. Was nice enough but just not something I would spend silly money on - seems to have just been inflated by popularity and it’s mystique than it’s actual quality. Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old Whiskey - Master of Malt

1 Like

Main cabinet right now:

(I have some decanters in the lounge and a assorted liquor cabinet in the kitchen too)

nice, what’s inside the burgundy/black box on top?

It was a gift which at the time contained Very Old Jefferson’s Reserve and Wild Turkey Russell’s Reserve.

Right now it has in it… Johnnie Walker and Chivas Regal (out of sight, out of mind :wink: )

2 Likes

shout out for Canadian blends (Crown Royal especially, but Canadian Club is fine too)

I love whisky but don’t really have the cash to splash out on nice bottles - nicest stuff I’ve bought the odd dram of is probably Nikka, normally pick out something standard like Talisker in a bar.

usually buy a bottle of Jura for home. bought a Talisker Storm recently and really didn’t enjoy it, tasted grim.

have loads of Ballantine’s Finest in the house because of work but fuck. that. shit.

also let me know when you’re planning on having your whisk(e)y night so i can put it in the diary :slight_smile:

Every Friday Pal

2 Likes
2 Likes

Green Spot
Oban 14
Dalwhinnie 15

Running low atm so this thread is well opportune.

Bloody love Woodford Reserve. Just absolutely slips down.

Not really explored bourbon as much as I should but the Knob Creek Rye Small Batch sticks out as my favourite. Fucking love that stuff and what tantalises me is that there will be better small batch ryes out there waiting for me one day.

1 Like

Jura

Is that ‘Knob Cream’ at the bottom???

2 Likes

Anything that’s 15 years old from Speyside.

(No, that doesn’t mean I want loads of kids from Aberlour turning up).

1 Like

Is that a bit of the Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel I can see in there too?

Not a fan of Jack myself but that stuff’s really, really good. You take it in and it tastes like normal Jack, you think, and then BAM a load of other stuff comes in. Recommended.