Who calls you by what name?

spoilsport

Anyone get one of their internet personas names used at them in real life?

Quite a few people call me my forum name at the football

im confused

1 Like

Lottery voiceover man gives me shoutouts every few weeks or so

yes

I think we should start calling you by your full name when youā€™ve posted terrible buzzfeed articles about cartoon characters.

ANDREW VINE!

Darren - Family members, some friends and also my exes.
K - Just about everyone else.

First proper name - christie
Shortened first name - chris
longer first name - christopher, which makes no sense

[quote=ā€œsafebruv, post:22, topic:6779ā€]
Anyone get one of their internet personas names used at them in real life?[/quote]
My internet name is a sort of contraction of my surname which various, completely unrelated, people have separately arrived at as a suitable nickname at different points in history.

[Full first name] - mum, one auntie, one friend Iā€™ve known since primary school, one friend from University (but only when sheā€™s trying to annoy me)
[Full surname] - one group of friends from the town I grew up in who, all of whom I would refer to by their surname
[First name except the last letter] - everyone else Iā€™ve ever met.

1. first name - most people: family, colleagues, most friends that iā€™ve met outside of secondary school, and one or two secondary school friends have reverted to this now from 2.

2. shit attempt to shorten first name (really a shortening of 3.) - loads of friends that iā€™ve known since secondary school, or other friends that i know through them and have been introduced this way. donā€™t really like this one anymore but not that bothered.

3. childlike mispronunciation of first name - kids in primary school when we were 4 years old, then later my secondary school geography teacher as a joke,and now my nephew

4. surname - one or two people at school that i havenā€™t seen in years.

5. DiS name - you.

@1101010 called me ā€œbig inflatable seat thingā€ in an email recently.

So fucking rude!

1 Like

mate people think i live in a caravan despite never actually being in a caravan so as if iā€™m telling people my pet names

4 Likes

Full First Name: Mother and quite rarely
Shortened First Name: Most People, Father, TV, Colleagues
Pet Names: TV (they have a few some are based on my actual name some arenā€™t), Mother (based on my First Name), MMA/BJJ Friends (variants on one nickname given to me by my coach, has nothing to do with my actual name)

Common contraction of first name - family, colleagues, most people
Above with -y on the end - French people
Full first name - no one, apart from an old boss who was a dick
Nickname based on contraction of surname - school friends
Surname - no one, I didnā€™t go to private school
Nickname based on physical appearance at uni - uni friends and football people who learned it from a uni friend

Actual name: everyone pretty much, its too short to abbreviate. Most people add to it.
Variation on last name: old school friends
Adding bits on to my last name: some of my close friends
DiS username: you lot

love this :smiley:

1 Like

Full first name - most people
First name minus the last letter - insufferable cunts
First name minus the last two letters - my dad
Surname with a Y added - school people, couple of work people
Insatiable shag machine - your mum
Pet name - partner
sadpunk, spunky, spunkles - DiSsers past and present

Oh, and I think saddy-p is a @plasticniki exclusive

1 Like

Emma/Em- pretty much everyone. Donā€™t care which. I guess itā€™s annoying when telemarketers and the like use the short version of your name when they donā€™t know you though.

Emily- maternal grandad who resisted all attempts to correct him (also used to refer to my cousin Lauren as Laura), lots of strangers who I canā€™t be bothered to correct. Itā€™s fine, itā€™s also a nice name. Itā€™s just not the actual one on my birth certificate.

die Emma- Austrian kids I was teaching. Standard thing in Austria, which Germans think is well weird. I approve of this, it makes you feel very important.

3 Likes