Who do you think will be the new Countdown host?

Idris Elba

Such a fucking prick.

Might be @Mert actually.

1 Like

Would be a bit weird considering he said he was leaving Pointless to focus on his writing

1 Like

Andy Kaufman

Shhhhhh

1 Like

Big Jim McDonald

It’s the crucial Countdown Conundrum so it is

3 Likes

Oh it’s me, sorry for not saying anything sooner but I forgot.

1 Like
  • Rachel Riley
  • Paul O’Grady
  • Colin Murray
  • Moira Stuart
  • Trevor McDonald
  • Sandi Toksvig

0 voters

Please not Rachel Riley. Replace her with the person who covered for her over maternity leave who was much better. And give it O’Grady.

Ablisa

Wouldn’t make sense to move Rachel to the host’s chair, and whilst I think Anne-Marie was good cover I think Rachel is very good on the show, would be good if they could do do half the year each.

For hosts, I think Trevor is maybe too old at 82? Moira Stuart is a great shout, or I’d like Colin Murray for it. Would be great if Jeff Stelling came back, he was probably the best host they ever had.

Ed balls

Alan Partridge

‘Oh i meant writing out words based on the letters in Countdown rounds’

1 Like

The guy I talked about in the summary here is, regrettably, back on his bullshit

I will be glad when they announce someone like Colin Murray and not this self absorbed grifter

2 Likes

Jackie Weaver

2 Likes

Nadine Dorries in a backhander deal to save Channel 4. Groundbreaking first ever illiterate countdown host.

1 Like

Toksvig would be perfect tbh. You need to feel like the host doesn’t want to be somewhere more exciting.

Sue Perkins