Who here doesn't like The Beatles?

I don’t like them…I love them!

*tryhard indie bellend

Indifferent, only heard Revolver and Sgt Pep

hard to say really. this new format seems pretty great so far, though. think we’ll see a little spike in interest and talk but we need some new blood and some wild hounds to stir the pot a bit. people need to start good threads too (outside of the rolling threads). Seems like its already falling into old traps idk, DiS has always been ‘list some stuff you like or don’t like’ happy but it used to be sprinkled with (more) impassioned, good(?), thoughtful and entertaining discussion/posts as well. Kinda nice to be able to bookmark and be notified when people respond or a thread you like gets bumped.

yah hoping so. I’m going to try and post more, too. think my taste and listening habits have really split off of the general DiS population though.

also i lol’d heartily @ radiohead getting it’s own board.

1 Like

When a man who kept an apartment on Central Park just to store his fur coats sings ‘imagine no possessions’…

1 Like

I don’t like the Beatles, oh no, I Love It

2 Likes

they’re just not THAT good.

show your workings man…

I dunno I used to be a massive fan but it’s kinda slight stuff isn’t it? Some nice lyrics and melodies but crap lyrics most of the time. Not saying there’s no skill there. It’s like someone said above, I just can’t imagine myself ever wanting to listen to them anymore.

They’re not really a top tier band/artist.

ok man. that’s your opinion, which you’re entitled to.

if you would be so kind - please give me a list of top tier/bands artists please. I need to know what I’m working with here…

old white dudes alert:

Mark Kozelek

can’t really think of many others but maybe Jason Molina or Lambchop? Vic Chesnutt, Neil Young or Steely Dan at a push.

Most music isn’t really that good.

and with that, I yield

it’s true!

Because this person has never left the house to actually be offended

Why does someone need to list what they like, in order to say they don’t like something that you do?

1 Like

not that i don’t like them, just that i’m indifferent because neither of my parents were fans of the beatles or anything remotely like them, so it wasn’t something i’d ever even heard (ashford and simpson >>>>> lennon and mccartney). obviously had an uncle who always went on about how good they were and heard stuff in films etc, but other than having to dissect obla-di in music at school, that was about it.

one of my friends forced me to listen to revolver, my bf sometimes plays their earlier stuff (some of which are good, with the harmonies and the choruses i can see how it would be groundbreaking to someone who hasn’t heard much music).

can’t think of anything worse at the minute than subjecting myself to their discography just for some validation from people on the internet.

1 Like

Bammers, can you and I go drinking while listening to ‘Abbey Road’? We could talk about how the album is constructed and sing along?

oh yeah, before anyone has a go at the ashford and simpson comment - name me one beatles song better than ‘ain’t no mountain high enough’, ‘remember me’, ‘i’m every woman’, ‘you’re all i need to get by’, ‘surrender’, ‘ain’t nothing like the real thing’, ‘california soul’ (could go on, but i won’t)… oh that’s right, you can’t lol!!!

2 Likes

I’m not going to get in a pissing contest but I am going to look up Ashford and Simpson because I am completely unaware of this songwriting team.