Who here likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer? STRICTLY NO SPOILERS

We’re well into season two now, no idea how I had never seen any of this when I was younger, I would have loved it. Love the jokes, love the characters, love the ropey CGI.

A question:

So they bring in a new Slayer, Kendra, but give her a ridiculous accent? And she’s the only African-Amercian character on the show? The unbearable whiteness of nineties American telly!

1 Like

Yeah, racial diversity is not Buffy’s strong point :frowning:

Apparently her accent coach taught her a very particular Jamaican dialect, which basically sounds like someone doing a bad Jamaican accent.

But yeah, definitely lacking in that respect

3 Likes

Yeah but then it’s barely any show’s strong point prior to 2010 or so (especially now everyone has to pretend The Cosby Show never happened)

Absolutely!

The only ones I can think of pre-2010 are Fresh Prince, The Wire and That 70s Show. I’m not known for great thinking though, so I’m sure there were others. But yeah, definitely not an exclusively Buffy problem.

watching veronica mars at the moment, it seems a bit better for 2004

2 Likes

The first season is amazing

1 Like

yea I really liked it, very different to what I was expecting, less gripped with the second season but will see it through

1 Like

Aww this Wild Horses cover is lovely

1 Like

Up to S3E6, ‘Band Candy’.

Hard man Giles is absolutely gas, a great look for him. Easily one of the funniest episodes so far.

9 Likes

I struggling with Kathy/Cathy, too much relatable cringe

Yes! :partying_face:

Ooooh, copper’s got a gun!

3 Likes

shame the giles/ripper spin off never happened

3 Likes

Arrived today

4 Likes

Beer Bad was really, really bad

7 Likes

they made it to get a grant from some anti drug fund or something but then never got the money. but yeah, it’s probs the worst episode overall

2 Likes

at least Hush is only five episodes away!

1 Like

look forward to wandering around referencing it during my next hangover though

“Water … good”

4 Likes

It’s bad but it’s not boring.
(I bet you still enjoyed it)

1 Like