Who here likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer? STRICTLY NO SPOILERS

For once I did actually tune out, just made me cringe too much to be funny-bad

Down to the last two episodes of season three. Cracking stuff all round. Some hard hitting emotional stuff, loving how the characters are maturing and Giles is still my favourite character.

5 Likes

Currently watching season 4 with the TV, forgot how much I enjoyed the this ‘This Year’s Girl’ two parter.

3 Likes

best single season of a tv show

4 Likes

Holy shit! A young Pedro Pascal in episode one of season four! He looks so different!

1 Like

Stop, I started way before you and you’re about to overtake me!

Think the mayor’s to-do list is my favourite thing ever.

4 Likes

My GF is a fiend for binge watching things. If it was up to me it’d be one episode a night!

2 Likes

Season Four observations:

This plotline with the Initiative has finally gone somewhere! Fourteen episodes in and Buffy finally knows they’re zdopes.

Loved ‘Fear Itself’, what a cracking episode AND then ‘Hush’! Two brilliant episodes.

Really enjoying Spike this season though Giles remains my favourite character.

7 Likes

You’ve both overtaken me! (We are taking a break after season 3)

I suspect we’ll be finished before the end of May. We’re going through it too fast!

3 Likes

Us too, I’ve managed to convince the TV to watch the OC with me as a break from the vampires :smile:

3 Likes

Are we actually the same person?? Except with a housemate instead of a TV. We are doing the literal exact same thing!

1 Like

8 Likes

I remember watching the Thursday but then mainly the late uncut version on Fridays set for shortly after pub chuck outs.

(This is partly a lie: by the time that happened I was already getting my half season VHS boxsets so I only watched 5 eps on the BBC before I mainlined the tapes. Aerial quality was so shit in my room it was a godsend. The benefits of living at home but having my first proper job.)

Quite excited about it being on tv again, excuse to rewatch it, nice bit of routine

5 Likes

Does this include Angel?

1 Like

Don’t think so.

Start a new thread to accompany e4 weekday rewatch

• Yes
  • No, use this thread

0 voters

Hmmm, it is time for a rewatch but we need to do the full thing. Can’t miss out on those overlaps.

2 Likes

controversially i’ve never tried to watch them together, I dont think I would like it as I think the tone of each show is quite different, it is quite jarring when a character crops up in the other. I think a couple of the earlier ones worked, when there was still unresolved chemistry between buffy and angel but later ones just seemed shoehorned in.

Like they are both always facing apocalyptical situations, but always completely independently, you would think they would work together a bit more (know there is that throwaway comment about angel being the next line of defense or something), whenever there is an angel crossover into buffy I never get the sense of that character being the same one who has just gone through the events from the angel show, like how he turns up at the end of buffy and is still really into her, with all the stuff he had been through with cordellia and conor it seems weird, like this is angel of season 3 buffy not season 4 angel

2 Likes