Who here's into that chopped up cucumber and/or fruit in water deal?

Old Blue Last £5 / £4 NUS

9 Likes

what do you do with the fruit at the end of the drink? Are you meant to eat it. That’s the only gross thing about this really.

Use it to drive up cucumber inflation for the rest of us

is this another down with capitalism thing?

Everything is another down with capitalism thing, it’s all class struggle Bam.

4 Likes

I’ve said this before but I’m getting really sick of all these bullshit liberaly podcasts like 99% PI…this week they were banging on about how great it was that people were researching making cars safer which ok yeah bang on but then the whole crux was that someone needed to make it profitable by convincing people that safety was important so the companies had to pay attention so it was all about profit in the end.

Then again it made me think that maybe ultimately capitalism is a form of raw unfiltered democracy, so maybe democracy isn’t something to strive for.

1 Like

Lemon water is ok, prefer just plain water though tbh if no squash is available.

A few folk I work with have got those bottles with a ‘fruit chamber’ in them that they put berries or whatever in to flavour the water. Again, I’d sooner stick to the plain council pop.

Oh wait, is that what this is about? Tap water vs tap water with fruits or cucumber floating in it? That makes more sense.

I thought Ruffers was talking about some crazy fad where you had a bowl of fruit/cucumber and water to eat.

1 Like

The literal only difference is bowl vs glass here man

1 Like

imagine waking into subway and ordering a sandwich

then they ask if you want cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes

and you say “no don’t put them on the sandwich mate, just put them all in that paper cup.”

“give me a bottle of evian too please”

absolute madness

2 Likes

Floating in a gin and tonic: grand
Floating in water: pointless

3 Likes

Same as everything mind.

1 Like

Then again it made me think that maybe ultimately capitalism is a form of raw unfiltered democracy, so maybe democracy isn’t something to strive for.

Not sure what you mean by this? Nothing democratic about the accumulation of capital. Where power is unequally owned by owners of property and land. Like sure we have a liberal democratic system tacked on but say Singapore is an overtly capitalist country but not democratic at all.

1 Like

I don’t like cucumbers or water.

1 Like

Well no, because in the bowl situation the idea would be to eat the fruit whereas in the one you’re referring to you just drink the water.

Hang on, you don’t like water?

Oh I see. Well that’s another idea for the cereal cafe at least.

1 Like

Well in so far as companies changing direction based on public opinion influencing buying habits. Sadly all power is based on resources not people and human labour is becoming redundant so we are all doomed anyway

1 Like

Just try to enjoy what little time we have left

fucking love cucumber in water. Regularly so it at home. I have a huge glass jug thing that I fill up with ribbons of cucumber and ice and water. It’s yum.

come at me

2 Likes