Who will be the worse king?

Reckon if I’m lucky I’ve got a bit of two more monarchs left in me.

Obviously Charles III is going to be a total disaster, but there’s something about his kid that makes me wary too. I just can’t put my finger on it.

With the latter of course there’s always the slight possibility that his brother might raise an army overseas and attempt to take the throne by force, which would make things interesting.

I wouldn’t put it past some of you to have actually thought about this.

1 Like

Don

Every day I get a report from a colleague called Wang Xing and there’s nothing funny about that.

Marlon.

2 Likes

Except he won’t be Charles III, he’ll be King Philip or King George VII. It’ll all be fine, like Hermes changing their name to Evri.

Well that’s what he’ll want, but everyone will still call him Charles III. It won’t be fine, the man’s a vain halfwit. Unlike his mum he’s not bright enough to realise he shouldn’t fuck around with stuff.

1 Like

Do you mean worse on their own terms or some imagined wider good?

I’m open to all interpretations.

Charles will make more people question the monarchy and some of them will become republicans and some more still might join the revolution which will eventually mean more of us are executed without trial in town squares across the country in the 2030s and 40s, which means he will be worse.

1 Like

There won’t be town squares in 2040. It’ll all be jetpack landing pads.

If you’re even luckier you’ve got none

(This is a “it would be good if the monarchy ended before another one took the throne” post, not a “it would be good if you died soon” or a “it would be good if they never stopped pretended Elizabeth is still alive” post)

1 Like

Reckon Charles might be the last King of The Realm

2 Likes

The fishsquidprong awaits us all.

3 Likes

Touched by the clarification :smiley:

1 Like

In an ideal world it would go without saying, but you do see some very rude people on the internet these days

1 Like

Not me m8

3 Likes

The day the Queen dies, Charles will call a referendum for a democratically elected monarchy and James Corden will win

this is the best King