Who's your favourite band you never listen to?

Was thinking earlier about how much I like Napalm Death but would never put them on to listen to. Don’t know why but they just aren’t a go to for me

2 Likes

Might be Sonic Youth actually. When I was doing a CD sort/cull recently I realised I had about a dozen of their albums, all of which I remembered liking but I never seem to be in the mood to actually listen to them.

3 Likes

Maybe someone like Nirvana before they became a t-shirt.

I still have the Brixton Academy ticket from 1994 for the gig that never happened and were a huge part of my A’Levels and a gateway to so many other bands after discovering Sub Pop and artists on that label.

Their first album Bleach and their first album Nevermind :slightly_smiling_face: are great and In Utero is brilliant but haven’t played a Nirvana song in over ten years probably.

4 Likes

All the ones with songs that are 10+ minutes long

2 Likes

That’s a good shout actually, might listen to some Nirvana now

Might be Nirvana too actually. or RATM.

Never think to put the clash on even though london calling is one of my ATAs

3 Likes

60s stuff that I listened to a lot when I was 16-18 and still like but never really think to stick on - Velvets, Kinks, Dylan mainly.

1 Like

Joy Division

2 Likes

Yeah, Nirvana were a huge formative band but I probably never need to hear them again. Always happy when I do hear them though.

Possibly Chemical Brothers too - Dig Your Own Hole and Surrender were big entry points for me, then they went off in a big way. Enjoyed the last two records but not quite enough to go out of my way to listen again.

1 Like

Weirdly, REM. After that thread and all the polling I realise that I love Out of Time and Automatic for the People but have no desire to listen to those albums again- I’ve got pretty much everything out of them I could want.

1 Like

Sigur Ros for sure

4 Likes

God - there’s loads of band/artists I still consider myself a fan of, but who I never listen too anymore. Manic Street Preachers, Jeff Buckley That Petrol Emotion, Jesus and the Mary Chain, The Wedding Present.

It’s just me getting old. Now I wanna listen to something quiet, tranquil, ambient or loud and dumb rock So basically, all I listen too is Brian Eno, John Martyn and Deep Purple (1968-1975).and Rainbow (The Dio years) What more do you need though.

1 Like

Still think of Radiohead as my favourite band but think I listened to them enough when I was younger that I wouldn’t care if I never heard anything by them ever again, and never deliberately listen to them these days.

4 Likes

Neutral Milk Hotel.

Fucking love the NMH records and as a result I don’t like to overplay them. Also fear I might just become a cynical asshole or something :grinning:

1 Like

Probably Nick Cave, I do listen to Dirty Three regularly which I guess is adjacent kinda.

Oasis

1 Like

Mogwai, Godspeed, Sigur Rós. I’ll pick up anything they put out but my desire to listen to post rock has waned severely in the last few years - I bought G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END! on release day but I’ve not listened to it. I want to hear Black Bird sooner rather than later (as I generally rate Mogwai’s soundtrack work). I suspect I’ll get the post rock urge back at some point.

Crystal Castles were huge for me as a teenager but can’t hear a note now without feeling sick really

2 Likes