Why have I started waking up at 6am

Cohabiting is compromise. They should call it “comphabiting” but then people would be like “what the hell is comphabiting!?” so it doesn’t seem worth making the change at this stage

6 Likes

I also need an hour or so to work into the day.

For my current commute, in the days I need to be in the office, I’m up at 6.30 to be out of the door at 7 and I’m basically making it to the tram stop on muscle memory.

Last night it was like sleeping in the parrot enclosure in the zoo, birds are so loud out the back now. Some big trees and bushes have got even bigger and there must be baby birdies crying out or randy birds wanting a mate or something. I kept waking up from about 4 onwards. It always takes me by surprise this time of year, it is the longest day only in about a month or so.

1 Like

My routine’s been a bit weird lately and I don’t think I can blame the daylight because our bedroom blind and curtains are pretty lighttight.

As a middle-aged man I’m used to getting up for a piss at various weird times at night but by and large I’ll usually be awake at about 6:30 if not a bit earlier. Since we have a daily report to run and it’s more convenient to run it from the big computer in the spare room I’ll often get up and run that in there while making coffee and tea. As a result I’m quite regularly fully charged and doing work from about 7 to 8/9 every morning. But then my productive pace slides off and by about 1pm I’m usually knackered, and my afternoons are often really sluggish before picking up again in the evening.

Some of this is possibly down to upping my meds which do have sleepiness as an official side effect, but fluctuating energy levels during the day are definitely being a bit of a problem lately, and lying in in the morning doesn’t seem to be a viable option because I’m proper awake and there’s no point in fighting it.

Telling your partner off for coming to bed after 11pm (on any day they like cos they’re a grown up) because it’s “too late” and disruptive

• Fine
  • Unreasonable
  • Unreasonable and unfair

0 voters

Linking your partner to a dis poll results to prove your point

• Fine
  • Unreasonable

0 voters

It’s pretty unreasonable if they don’t at least make some effort not to wake you up.

we can assume some level of effort in that regard of course. an unreasonable amount of effort in my opinion.
you may now vote “unreasonable and unfair” in line with my clarification.

I also get told off for not coming to bed if e.g. I’m working late (in a differeny room) bc I find it easier to work at night

1 Like

“I don’t need to leave the house until 0840 but I would like to get out of bed at 0730 in order to have a long, leisurely start to my day. Therefore, could you please wake up at 0700 and make sure you’re done in the bathroom etc even though this means you get to work really early?”

• Fine
  • Unreasonable

0 voters

Sunrise time here in Stockholm is 4:15am currently

You guys have no idea how painful this is

1 Like

I’d need at least an hour and a half or I’ll be rushing and stressed

I spent a week in Upsalla over midsummer once. hellish

I stayed in Stockholm recently in an east facing bedroom with no curtains or shutters (just thin blinds). It was not pleasant.

Stayed in this Airbnb in Copenhagen once at the height of summer and they had literally no curtains or blinds, stupefying behaviour

Nah, midsummer is fine. You just stay up for 3 days straight and get wankered

Worst is when you come out of a club at 3am in July and the sunlight sears into your eyes

…and you didn’t tell me ?!?!

1 Like

Yeah it was more of a convalescence really. Basically didn’t leave my friend’s apartment for a week.

1 Like

The early bird should be getting up early enough to not disrupt the normal person’s routine imo.

(I am both the early bird and the person being disrupted here so I don’t really care frankly)

My first apartment in Stockholm had no curtains or blinds or anything. Current place has curtains and two sets of blinds and it’s perfect now :sunglasses: