Why is eeeee the most common sound for letters?

Bee
Cee
Dee
Eee
Gee
Pee
Tee
Vee
Zee

Hmmm?

2 Likes

I motion for the ‘zee’ to be stricken from the record. In the UK we use Zed precisely to strike back at the near monopoly big eeeee enjoys.

12 Likes

Yeah, you’re right CH. I put zee in there to prove my point, but you’re quite right that we don’t use it

1 Like

Deeear Marlon,

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lots of love,
Roscoe

4 Likes

what’s the least common sound for letters?

Aitch??

2 Likes

I can think of a letter with that sound

6 Likes

wuh

We should use more ‘ed’ endings to break up the monopoly further. To start I think from now on ‘T’ should be pronounced ‘Ted’.

2 Likes

dunno

Because E is the most common letter in the alphabet. Gotta force itself in wherever it can.

How can it be the most common when it only appears once?

5 Likes

It enjoys drinking Lambrini straight out of the bottle in the park at weekends.

1 Like

Don’t we all

2 Likes

If you can’t tell, this is another thread straight from a note I frantically typed out when I’ve woken up from a dream, before falling back asleep.
This one was from last Thursday at 3.36am

3 Likes

In Scotland some of our people pronounce " j " to rhyme with " i " instead of " a " and it is disgusting.

1 Like

JI?!? As in jiving?!
Well I never.

Have you read the book Ella Minnow Pea? It’s great.

1 Like

Oooh I haven’t, will check it out! Thank you :blush:
What a great title haha

The letter names might have an ee at the end but the sound they make don’t

E.g. the letter P is said as pee

But the grapheme p just makes the kinda lip smacking p sound like the start of ‘puff’

1 Like